A terrific opportunity has become available for a PR Account Executive at a long established PR & Communications agency’s Cape Town office. We’re looking for a switched on, efficient individual to join their team. In this exciting role you will work with the Account Manager and Director to implement Public Relations and Communications plans for clients in order to achieve goals as set out in communications strategies. The ideal candidate is proactive and motivated. If you can rise to the demands that this exciting, fast-paced position brings with it, we’d love to chat!
- Account management
- Works according to agreed PR plans and ensures that deliverables are of a high standard.
- Manages day-to-day client activities: planning, implementation of all tasks.
- Keeps clients abreast of all developments and progress on accounts: daily liaison via telephone, email and meetings.
- Responsible for setting up of regular monthly/weekly status meetings with client, prepares agendas and generates status reports within 48 hrs of meetings. Distributed to client and internal team.
- Follow through/coordinates actioning of tasks.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support for staff and external vendors that render services.
- Drafts and manages critical timelines/checklists as part for communications plans.
- Ensure implementation of all activities as per timelines.
- Compiles monthly status and media measurement reports for sign off by AD.
- Keeps track of tasks by effectively creating and using planning tools for self and team: diaries, status reports, project logics, activity calendars etc.
- Builds and maintains relationships with suppliers relevant to the PR function – e.g. web developers, graphic designers, photographers etc.
- Is able to accurately brief service providers and manage critical timelines.
- Reports daily to Account Catalyst regarding account status, administrative matters and problem areas.
- Prepares correspondence and basic reports and documents for Account Management team/Client
- Prepares and drafts presentations professionally and correctly.
- Provides hands on implementation, administrative support for the Agency team in the execution of events (media or otherwise) according to brief, client expectation and Agency standard.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Senior Certificate with Public Relations/Communications/Journalism Degree or Diploma.
- 1-2 years’ work experience within a PR Consultancy environment
- Proven organisational skills
- Track record of delivery in client services
- Superior attention to detail – checks for accuracy and consistency in all tasks for self and others
- Planning & organising skills
- Able to work across multiple accounts and is able to prioritise and manage tasks and help to coordinate team members’ activity effectively
- Plans ahead: preparation abilities
- Time management skills for self and others
- Able to accurately set deadlines and meet these
- Able to set priorities, timetables and goals for self and others
- Able to write and prepare professional and error-free correspondence and other written work
- Professional preparation of presentations, reports, administrative documents such as minutes and agendas
- Able to compile detailed checklists independently, ensure all relevant details are included and attended to
- A team player
- Able to work as team support person, able to take instruction and implement tasks in coordination with others
- Able to accurately assess work, anticipate and proactively follow through on tasks without reminding once briefed
- Problem solving abilities – able to identify problems and resolve independently or report to seniors for action
- Logical and clear approach to resolving problems
- Able to ensure that corrective actions are implemented
- Strong communication skills: Effectively expresses ideas and explains plans and actions to others
- Comfortable checking for understanding when speaking to others
- Good interpersonal interaction with team, able to interact with clients in professional manner (when required).
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam407