We are looking for a dynamic PR Account Manager with a passion for décor, design, hospitality and the environment to join our team. Confidence, a great attitude, personal style and a love for people are essential, but responsibility and the ability to deliver is key. A proven track record of success, efficiency and effective communications is a non-negotiable. This position is for someone who already has at least 3 year’s experience in an agency. Recent graduates will not be considered.
With guidance from the Account Director, and the Company Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with and managing client accounts. This role will include:
• Following up any requests made by clients pertaining to communication.
• Preparing for and attending status meetings with clients
• Taking minutes and issuing accurate contact/status reports.
• Constantly seeking fresh communication ideas and angles and discussing these with the team.
• Researching, writing, checking and issuing press releases using the correct format.
• Following up the releases or angles presented to media on a consistent basis.
• Maintaining up-to-date media and feature lists on behalf of clients.
• Preparing monthly client reports on all PR activities undertaken.
• Conceptualising social and digital media campaigns and overseeing their
implementation. Adept at thinking of new PR and social media ideas
• Media hosting at events/functions.
• Briefing, liaising and managing third party suppliers such as photographers,
videographers and designers.
• Assist in the preparation of strategic and tactical plans for clients.
• Ensure that deliverables agreed to with clients are addressed and achieved.
• Establish professional relationships with clients for purposes of retention of the business.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key target markets such as media and influencers.
• Generally act in a manner and with an attitude befitting the culture and status of the business.
• Attend client functions as and when required.
• Develop and maintain a working relationship with all members of the team.
Strong ideas, teamwork and self-motivation essential!
Diploma or degree in Communications and/or Public Relations Strong client service skills.
Three year + experience within a media or public relations agency.
Computer literacy in all Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Photoshop skills a plus
Own transport (and valid driver’s license) required
Social media skills
Own laptop or computer a plus
A motivational letter is required along with contactable references.
Please do not respond if you do not meet the requirements!
Salary: R20 - 25 000