Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A terrific opportunity has opened up for a passionate Account Manager at a leading PR Group’s Johannesburg office. The role will see you working predominantly on Corporate B2B clients, including a Financial Services account. We’re looking for someone with strong media relations experience, excellent writing and great client service skills. Is it you?
- Develop, with Director, strategic and tactical client programmes
- Lead journalist relationship-building initiatives within the team across various media sectors
- Identify and build relationships at multiple levels within clients
- Build high-level knowledge of client’s market sector
- Identify trend topics/events related to clients and suggest ways to participate
- Utilise social listening tools to generate insights and suggest new ideas and tactics
- Have knowledge of the various social media channels used by clients, generate content for these platforms, manage them according to client guidelines and nurture relationships with influencers
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience
- Enforce the social media guidelines as defined by the client’s brand
- Manage events including preparation timelines, finding a venue and managing suppliers
- Attending events to Tweet live to drive engagement and encourage participation.
- Provide media relations support for clients during events
- Participate in client meetings, managing meeting protocols, agenda, etc.
- Plan and participate in client review meetings with team
- Develop a consulting/advisory capability with client wherever possible
- Take a leadership role in the development of the company office in terms of staff, clients and overall strategy
- Accurately review billing arrangements for clients
- Identify early account problems and act/advise solutions, in conjunction with Director
- Support Director to ensure smooth integration of new business and smooth running of existing accounts
- Effectively manage own time and that of junior staff
- Support company culture; actively seek new, smarter ways of doing things
- Be seen as an ambassador for the company
- Work with Director to finalise programme and budgets for client
- Assume accountability for financial aspects of cost management on client programmes; aware of financial status of accounts at all times
- Maintain an in-depth interest / knowledge of current affairs; look for links, opportunities to position company to client as appropriate
- Seek and develops opportunities for organic growth of existing business
- Demonstrate strong proposal writing and pitch preparation skills in conjunction with Director
- Demonstrate advanced presentation and influencing skills
- Hold in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape
- Build high-level analytical and research skills
- Become a role model for junior staff
- Support team development and staff team and project planning
- Conduct appraisals for junior staff
- Contribute to and participates in personal development activities for junior staff (i.e. via coaching, workshop development etc.)
- Actively look to maintain and build positive working relationships.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong Media relations experience
- Strong writing skills – Able to write persuasively, creatively pitch stories and identify/develop story opportunities
- Strong client service skills
- Able to apply communications techniques beyond media relations in response to client briefs, including viral and web PR techniques
- Show excellent communication skills: express ideas and articulate concepts, recommendations, etc. in client or team meetings
- Able to demonstrate a self-starter approach
- Able to demonstrate innovation and creativity.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam422