We have a fabulous opening for a mid-weight PR & Media Executive at a very high-end interiors store brand based in Cape Town. The brand falls under the umbrella of a leading, exclusive architecture and interior design group renowned for its innovation and style. We’re looking for someone ‘switched on’ who is comfortable working at a pace. The ideal candidate has a keen interest in interiors. As part of your responsibilities, you’ll be called on to write mailers, blogs, press releases etc. and manage social media channels so you must have excellent writing skills and be proficient in MailChimp and Meltwater. This is a very exciting, multifaceted role so if you’re able to juggle balls and keep them in the air successfully then we want to hear from you.
- Budget – coordinate and monitor the marketing and media budget.
- Strategy – compile, schedule and maintain for each channel per annum
- Reporting – report on all monthly activities and the response of each
- Measurables – report statistically on all measurable activity, and monitor all activities
- Research – Manage Meltwater account and other media platforms
- Website & spec sheets – keep this updated and maintained, and be the liaison with the ad agency
- Blog – keep this updated and maintained, developing the concept, writing the copy and sourcing appropriate images
- Collateral – monitor all collateral is in stock and up to date, and order and update when required
- Directory listings – ensure we are listed in all relevant directories each year
- Advertising – co-ordinate all advertising agreements and placements, and oversee this
- Conceptualising and compiling all press packs, including the copy and images (with AC/RS & Graphics team)
- Coordinate the distribution of the above
- Respond to all media requests
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with all relevant persons within the press/media industry
- Maintaining the press page on the website
- Monitor Media coverage – file and use for social media and journal
- Conceptualise and compile all mailers and newsletters (with AC/RS & Graphics team)
- Manage MailChimp account
- Grow and manage all databases for the business, including press
- Social Media – plan and execute all activities
- Social Media – write the copy and place applicable images (with AC/RS & Graphics team)
- Engage with the community daily on all social media platforms
- Run boosting/paid campaigns
- Advise on industry awards, events and trade shows, speaking and networking opportunities
- Assist in the arranging of these events if and when required
- Assist with the Group’s Quarterly
- Assist with photoshoots
- Advise on media trends and best practice
- Liaise with and brief in-house graphics team
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree in marketing, media, PR, journalism or similar relevant qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in a PR or Marketing consultancy working on numerous clients simultaneously
- Proven experience in strategy – planning and execution
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with paid online and print advertising
- Experience with analytics and reporting
- Experience with online content management systems
- Experience with managing social media platforms and communities
- Excellent writing skills – including copy for collateral and media releases
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Extremely organised with the ability to multitask and work at fast pace
- Ability to meet deadlines, and follow jobs through to completion
- Highly motivated and the ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Proactive and engaged
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Dynamic with good interpersonal skills
- Positive and flexible
- A keen interest in social media and trends
- Own transport
- Knowledge of or prior experience in the design/furniture industry – advantageous.
- Knowledge of or prior experience in the retail industry – advantageous.
- Knowledge of In-Design/Photoshop – advantageous.
- Drive to help grow the business internationally – advantageous.
- Additional Languages (other than English and Afrikaans) – advantageous.
- A passion for getting to know the international media in the interior design and furniture space – advantageous.
- A good eye for design – advantageous.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam258