We’re looking for a mid-weight production manager to handle external suppliers and ensure all production elements are delivered on time and budget, with excellent quality. You will manage the planning, coordination and control of all printing, radio, production, manufacturing and events, as well as working with a video producer to coordinate video jobs.
Hero is a full-service, through-the-line strategic marketing agency with expertise that ranges from traditional advertising to the latest developments in the digital world. We offer a depth and breadth of business, marketing and technology services which are arguably unmatched by even our largest competitors. We exist to create more meaningful relationships – and we do it through the business.
We’re serious about the business of creativity and we do more than just come up with ideas. We fight for them. Fight for them to live beyond the page or screen they appear on. Beyond their 30 second media slot and past the half hour the promoters were at the activation.
- All production management and planning, with a strong focus and understanding on print
- Conference and event co-ordination
- Vendor sourcing, negotiations and financial management
- Procurement strategy inline with the company’s empowerment goals
- Improving net profit through cost control
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes
- Logistical co-ordination and management of press checks
- Issuing and reconciling of Purchase Order and Supplier Invoices
- Co-ordination of weekly payment schedules
- Develop, maintain and enable standards, processes and policies consistent with the company’s goals
- Interact with the creative process to help drive and meet deadlines
- Liaising with different departments and establishing rapport with clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Supervising and motivating a team of fulfilment workers (or students) when required
- Tracking and reconciliation of costs and quality for all outgoing jobs
- Organisation of video and photographic shoots, props and models
- Maintain extensive current and new product knowledge and keep studio abreast of new developments
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced, broad-scope of technical and industry knowledge
- Excellent project management and the ability to find solutions in complex situations
- Work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Accuracy and great attention to detail
- Excellent co-ordination skills
- Ability to implement systems
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- Have a working knowledge of Magnetic, Chase or equivalent project management software
- High degree of computer mastery including all MS Office Programs
- Responsible, show initiative and be able to self-manage
- A high level of energy is required as the position is diversified and requires both mental and physical alertness
- Co-operative attitude with good interpersonal skills to deal with various personalities within the agency
- A positive can-do attitude is essential!