The Project Management department of a highly reputable integrated agency’s Cape Town office is on the lookout for a unique kind of animal; a mid-weight creative Project Manager/Traffic Manager who has the drive, discipline and aspiration to be the glue between systems, schedules, people and departments. The right candidate will possess a certain kind of spark; the kind of creative and strategic thinking that will help shape and mould teams. They’ll boast the ability to be flexible within strict processes and structures and the skills to balance designers’ needs with project outcomes. They’ll have the ability to be understanding and supportive, but tough. We’re looking for someone who has had experience in Traffic and/or Project Management, Design processes and Print production. Someone who can manage the workflow of multiple projects of up to three brands from start to finish including project scoping, participation in budget determination, the creation of project schedule, managing resources, raising red flags and ensuring adherence to the approval process. Bring your eye for detail, highly solutions-driven brain, proactive, flexible, resilient and pressure-coping attitude to the table and you’ll ace this. An instinct for Design and Copywriting/Proofreading, a big plus!
- Manage the end-to-end process including planning and estimating to ensure the successful and profitable completion of projects.
- Work for all departments with an overall goal of protecting the financial health of the company.
- Manage the project’s scope.
- Manage schedules/resources.
- Project administration and support.
- Implementing a project infrastructure.
- Manage the project risk.
- Be accountable for meeting client expectations when it comes to budget and schedule.
- Provide team leadership.
- Serve as the central point of contact for the project team.
- Create and manage cost estimates, invoicing, supplier quotes, creating of POs.
- Develop timing plans and project plan/project proposals.
- Liaise with the account and creative teams ensuring efficiency and continuity across all projects.
- Liaise with the resource manager and other project managers to ensure availability of resources.
- Liaise with external teams/suppliers.
- Liaise with production departments to ensure an excellent end product
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Chase software.
- Project Management planning software.
- Able to foster good relationships.
- Detail-driven, organised and tactical.
- Able to delegate firmly.
- Able to anticipate needs.
- Able to anticipate problems.
- Able to inspire
- Able to work well under pressure within a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude to accommodate unpredictable deadlines and challenges.
- Process, production and efficiency oriented.
- Independent, but able to work as part of a team.
- Comfortable using different styles of project management.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Highly adaptable and solutions oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated.
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1713