Are you a meticulous Proofreader with an eye for detail? Do you love making sure copy is readable and fulfils its purpose, while ensuring correct grammar, spelling and punctuation has been used?
One of Africa’s leading safari operators is looking for a Proofreader to work on the company’s marketing collateral. We’re looking for someone to work two to three days a week in office.
The role is based in Cape Town and reports to the Brand Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism, advertising or related field
- Three + years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a deep understanding of the English language
- Proficient in the use of British English
- Thorough and meticulous, with an excellent eye for detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to concentrate for protracted periods whilst maintaining quality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent ability to organise/ prioritise tasks and effectively manage time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Copywriting skills (advantageous)
- Ad agency experience or experience working within a creative marketing department (advantageous)
- Proof all copy and artwork for grammar, spelling and logic with the goal of zero errors, ensuring all revisions are completed before the proofing deadline
- Proof for consistency among related documents
- Read all job comments containing colleague requests or revisions, and ensure all changes are made or addressed
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL