Moon Walk/Publicis Machine
Born out of digital, integrated communications agency Publicis Machine is home to 100 adventurous minds. The agency combines incisive strategy, award-winning creativity and cutting edge technology to transform their client’s business. It is represented in both Johannesburg and Cape Town and features additional talent across four specialist pillars: Narrative (content marketing), Answered (research), Moon Walk (public relations), and Nurun (technology specialist).
Moon Walk is the Public Relations division within Publicis Machine, specialising in strategically led public relations across multiple platforms. We have a variety of blue chip clients and offer both consumer and business to business PR.
Moon Walk is looking for an experienced Account Executive to join a talented crew, who will actively contribute towards growing the agency into an award winning and reputable PR organization.
The PR Account Executive will manage, alongside their team, multiple accounts simultaneously, reporting to the Managing Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the formulation of PR strategies, managing well conceptualised PR campaigns, as well as tactical execution for brand and product launches.
- Relevant PR tertiary qualification
- 2-3 years of experience in PR
- Computer literate, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong writing and admin skills
- Confident individual with excellent presentation skills
- An excellent grasp of the English language
- Excellent editing and proof checking abilities
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must also be able to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel if required
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience within an integrated agency environment is a plus
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages PR projects/programmes and campaigns. This includes implementation of the strategy, monitoring of evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans and timelines.
- Coordinates client projects and deliverables, including product launches, press events and photo shoots;
- Proactively pitches clients to national and regional media (print and online) and secures editorial placement, coordinates press opportunities and handles all press inquiries;
- Build and maintain strong media relationships, fostering existing relationships and consistently sourcing new contacts to build additional relationships with the media.
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for opportunities for clients;
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings;
- Event management, including press conferences and promotional events;
- Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients