Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates.
Heads up Senior Advertising Agency Copywriters gifted at writing through-the-line! A fabulous, full-service, TTL Marketing agency in Cape Town is looking for a talented Copywriter with a passion for wordplay and a conceptual mind. In this exciting role you will be responsible for large key projects and clients. You will oversee and manage the work of mid weight and junior copywriters and be required to mentor and coach junior staff with your insight, knowledge and conceptual understanding of communication. You will develop strategic concepts and written copy across a broad range of projects, from campaigns and marketing material, to multimedia and video and radio scripts. You need to produce high-quality concepts and copy as directed by the briefs and strategies you work on and in line with direction from the Executive Creative Director and/or Creative Group Head. The work calls for strong strategic ability, creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and a professional approach to time and deadlines. You got this?
- To generate a consistently high level of creative work across the full spectrum of marketing and media channels. Including ATL, BTL, Activations, Digital and Social Media.
- To work through and oversee your projects from client brief to execution. This will include assessing timings, budgets, key strategic and creative deliverables and ensuring high-quality, error-free work.
- The role requires creative thinking and use of your writing skills to produce outstanding creative work within the scope of the brand, business objective and creative brief supplied by the client, account manager or creative group head.
- Copywriting and checking. Writing headlines and body copy and guiding the response mechanisms.
- To review work generated by your team to ensure a consistently high standard of output and guide and mentor junior team members.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A minimum 3-year relevant Diploma or Degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- A minimum of 4-6 years relevant working experience. Previous advertising agency experience is a must!
- A strong command of the English language (spelling and grammar). Proficiency in other South African languages would be advantageous.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Solid conceptual understanding of copywriting.
- Ability to generate original ideas and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A keen awareness of, and the ability to meet and adhere to, deadlines within a stressful environment.
- A good understanding of all disciplines involved in producing a successful through-the-line campaign.
- A good and up to date understanding of new media including the social media landscape.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to present work to internal stakeholders and clients when required.
Please submit a portfolio of your work, your salary expectations and quote the job reference code (#Tam395) in your email’s subject line on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam395