We have a fabulous opportunity for a Senior Art Director with retail experience at a very focused agency in Cape Town. The role calls for you to conceptualise, develop and produce 360° Advertising and Marketing communication campaigns. You’ll have the privilege of working at the top end of FMCG and as such, a feel for fashion, beauty and homeware will serve you well in this role. The successful candidate ideally has creative agency experience and a proven track record in through-the-line Advertising, Design, Marketing, Brand Development and Digital design. We’re looking for an Art Director who can work both above and below-the-line, from concept right through to execution. Good craftsmanship is a must. If you’re a talented creative able to take initiative, we would love to hear from you!
- Manage the overall visual appearance and how it communicates and appeals to a target audience
- Conceptualising and designing great creative work within the scope of the brand and budget
- Presenting concepts to Marketing team
- Able to work through-the-line
- Managing various projects effectively and efficiently
- Take ownership for the quality of execution and thinking
- Working collaboratively with other creatives in the team
- Work to Brand guidelines
- To select and brief external creative suppliers as well as briefing external production suppliers
- Attend and provide input at pre-production meetings
- Attend photo shoots and location visits
- To ensure consistency and integration of design and art direction across all materials
- Keep abreast of current local and international trends
- Leading the team effectively.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant 3-year Visual Communications Degree/Diploma
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in a big TTL agency
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (Premier Pro, After Effects, PPT, Keynote – advantageous)
- Ability to multi-task and think on your feet
- Calm under pressure
- A proven track record reflected in the portfolio – working TTL in Advertising, Marketing, Branding and Digital
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Very strong graphic design ability
- Portfolio link/PDF reflecting ability and experience
- Effective communication as well as presentation skills
- Ability to plan and organise
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Motivated, energetic, passionate, use initiative.
Please submit a relevant portfolio (as a link/PDF) upon application.
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Should you not receive a timeous response, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1916