Calling marketers with experience working on BEAUTY BRANDS…
Do you want to work for SA’s leading retailer – a household name in SA?
The role is based in Cape Town.
- Deliver the understanding and interpretation of the Beauty Marketing strategy into the business ensuring Luxury and Private label brand positioning.
- Drive the execution of a compelling, innovative, integrated and leading brand marketing and communications plan to achieve agreed business objectives that are customer centric.
- Marketing Degree/Diploma
- 5 – 7 years of marketing skills and experience in Retail / FMCG / Beauty Brands / Agency
- BEAUTY BRAND experience ESSENTIAL
- Experience in managing budgets
- Team management experience
- Experience working across 360-platforms especially digital with ability to brief into a creative agency
- Digital, social media and Online experience in taking brands to market is advantageous
- Experience in using customer insights optimally to drive a relevant marketing strategy and plan
- Excellent Influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to translate a product strategy into comms strategy into plan, clear briefs and deliverables
- Media strategy / digital vs traditional
- Creative thinker and ability to evaluate creative work
- Commercial acumen
- Detail orientated with good planning and organisational skills
- Team player
- Ability to understand local and international trends
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving ability
- Position the on-house the Beauty Brand
- Drive the agreed positioning and build this as a private label brand in the market, in a way that focuses on driving profitable sales and customer engagement
- Support the business to achieve its strategy and goals
- Understand or have knowledge of beauty products [features and benefits], Big beauty brands, local / international competitors and how to take this product range to market in a competitive market
- Present and deliver the agreed strategic marketing and beauty vision , direction to key business partners and stakeholders
- Good understanding of interpreting customer data and the target customer – cross shop and upselling
- Experience of how to build a Brand in a competitive and aggressive market landscape
- Translate business and marketing strategy into marketing and communication plan
- Translate the marketing and big beauty strategy into a detailed, integrated marketing and communication plan and detailed brief for delivery.
- Deliver the achievement of business goals and targets through the agreed compelling and engaging customer communication channels and experiences.
- Drive key messages to the Market and to the target customer to increase sales, grow existing customers and acquire new customers. (drive cross shop)
- Assist in influencing and changing customer perceptions through marketing communication in line with the marketing strategy, customer insights and understanding of the customer journey and what channels are relevant to the customer.
- Integrate customer insights in development of the integrated marketing and communication plan.
- Keep up to date with new opportunities and new thinking, to ensure being ahead of the game, both locally and on a global perspective.
- Drive a strategic partnership with the Buying groups and selling partners to ensure alignment of product strategy and marketing strategy.
- Attend, understand and interpret market and business context, trends, the merchandise cycle and integrate customer insights in development of the integrated marketing and communication plan.
- Drive the execution of the marketing communications plan
- Drive the integrated communications brief, leading and engaging with key stakeholders and areas of specialization across 360 partners within Marketing including Agency, VM, Direct, Digital/Online, PR, Social Media and Beauty Brand Partners.
- Strong media buying experience and knowledge to get best SOV per spend and objective
- Manage end to end process from Brief into Agency through to execution.
- Ensure that the overarching communication objectives and big ideas are understood and delivered through integration across channels and touch points that deliver to the objectives of the briefs and the business.
- Drive the integration and be the accountable key point of contact for 360 communication delivery.
- Drive key elements of the communications approach such as media planning, brand positioning from concept to execution.
- Drive the execution process and ensure approval process from a brand and product / brand partner’s perspective is adhered to.
- Engage and build the integrated beauty plan including key trading opportunities, special occasions and working closely with the Fashion Brand teams.
- Manage business interface & trade process into marketing
- Ensure timeous delivery of marketing inputs and elements into the buying group merchandise cycle.
- Act as the primary Marketing point of contact into the business, product groups and luxury beauty brands.
- Work closely with the beauty business unit to ensure deep alignment of trade and product objectives.
- Take a “can-do”, proactive approach to “make it happen”, working with the Beauty Buying Group, Trade Forum, Sales Management, Stores, and the creative Agency etc.
- Engage in all key and relevant aspects of the business, including trade planning, online, sales management, product reviews, IT process, in relation to delivering the 360 integrated plans.
- Managing and integrating new or updated packaging within Beauty marketing plan
- Budget and commercial management
- Manage and maintain annual marketing budget for given area of responsibility.
- Ensure effective cost management in delivering to the integrated plan: manage variances in actual expense against budget set.
- Recon and manage budget contribution with Beauty Brands as per contracts agreed
- Conduct PIR’s to measure success and assess efficacy of campaigns, best practice
- People and stakeholder management
- Accountable for relationship and stakeholder management with key areas, such as the PR, direct marketing, visual merchandising product groups, Online, social and Beauty brands.
- Work proactively across teams and functions, to optimise integration opportunities.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders, peers and team members where necessary to ensure delivery of the marketing plan.
- Raise issues and concerns timeously and in a professional manner, and manage expectations in line with company’s Values and Strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key 360 partners including Agency, VM, PR & Corp Comms, Direct, Loyalty, Digital, Online, Social Media, Store design, Taste and Packaging.
- Proactively manage relationships with product/buying groups and partners.
- Drive and encourage a motivating and positive working experience across business stakeholders and marketing.
- Complete IPM discussions with direct reports according to IPM timelines.
- Ensure that team members deliver according to the critical path.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.