Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Senior Brand Manager at a leading FMCG brand’s in-house Marketing department. We’re looking for someone passionate about Marketing FMCG brands with the experience to back it up. You need to be a highly analytical person with strong numeracy skills and a strategic approach. This is a superb opportunity to let your organisational and leadership abilities shine! The role will see you managing the portfolio of a brand of scale. You will be responsible for driving market/consumer research and competitive intelligence gathering initiatives. You’ll be required to use the insights you uncover to develop short to mid-term plans for key brands/minor portfolio. This position will also see you plan, coordinate and drive business planning, brand management, brand planning, market research, new product development and roll out and business performance tracking. It’s also a fabulous chance to drive the development and execution of brand plans against key objectives with a view to delivering against the financial and market share commitments. Bring your passion, leadership and innovative way of thinking to this role and you will be a great success.
- Gathers market and consumer insights required for key brands.
- Applies market and competitor information to prepare short to mid-term brand objectives.
- With the guidance of their line manager, develops and delivers brand strategy ensuring the brand’s vision and strategic imperatives are aligned to the overarching business / category strategy.
- Develops and delivers consumer relevant brand marketing mixes (value proposition, product and packaging, communication and promotion) that drive growth and deliver value. With the guidance of their line manager, collaborates with regional teams where such marketing mixes deviate from global brand directives.
- Develops annual brand marketing plans that will deliver NTS, GP, and brand contribution requirements.
- Ensures implementation of the annual brand marketing plan and its components ensuring NTS, GP, and brand contribution requirements are met
- Develop sustainable and meaningful brand product pipelines.
- Delivers brand NPD projects on time and in full, ensuring NTS and GP aspirations are met.
- Builds effective working relationships with (1) internal work partners / cross functional teams (Customer, Supply Chain, Project Team, R&D, Prof Marketing, GFO, other clusters) and (2) external work partners and agencies.
- Accountability for financial / P&L performance of brand (top line and bottom line).
- Accountability for market performance of brand.
- Builds and has direct accountability for a direct report
- Acquire knowledge of the Quality Management System that have been deployed at the SSA Marketing Company and the relevant Quality System Procedures that are applicable to the job through inclusion of related processes and procedures in individual training plan. Maintain 100 % adherence to training plan timelines and ensure appropriate application of relevant Quality and Compliance processes and procedures to the job. Report any non-compliances or deviations to the Business Quality & Compliance Head.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree
- 7+ years related experience
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills – essential
- Previous relevant FMCG experience is a must
- Analytical thinking – Mental processes of discernment, analysis and evaluation to arrive at conclusions
- Business acumen – Knowledge and understanding of business fundamentals; knowing what is required to drive long term health and prosperity of the business
- Initiates and manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers
- Coaching and knowledge transfer – Improves the knowledge and performance of others by providing clear, specific performance feedback and suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem
- Managing complexity
- Communication and presentation skills – Ability to effectively share information, ideas and arguments (oral and written) with diverse audiences, using a variety of communication modes, as appropriate to the situation
- Decision making and problem solving skills – Efficient decision making in a complex and changing environment
- Delegation – Knowledge of when, how and to whom to delegate. Appropriate allocation of decision-making and other responsibilities
- Emotional Intelligence
- Financial Management
- Identifies strategies that will maximise business growth potential, guiding the allocation of resources among the competing opportunities, meets all requirements in terms of complying with good financial practice
- Develops and maintains good working relationships and networks across all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Value chain understanding – Effectively analyses and optimises the value chain and associated business models, fully understands the value chain and works with key stakeholders to ensure that business is optimised at each and every linkage
- Leadership skills – Creates a vision for the future and motivates and leads people to achieve that vision. Future focused and strategic in approach, demonstrating accountability, integrity and influence
- People management – Develops and supports people through fair and equitable policy administration, training and development. Clarifies roles and performance expectations and provides ongoing feedback and recognition
- Strategic thinking – Formulates effective business strategies, determines objectives and sets priorities. Partners with key internal/external stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of strategies and the delivery of the designed approach
- Results and performance driven
- Sense of urgency
- Strategic thinking
- Big picture orientation with attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Prudent risk taking
- Organisation and talent development
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Self-awareness and adaptability
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2580