A terrific opening has become available for a highly talented, conceptual senior Copywriter at an unconventional, maverick financial company in Cape Town with a story to tell. We are looking for someone who can craft beautiful long copy to tell that story (Blogs, product leaflets, mailers and so much more). As Copywriter you are on the frontline ensuring the messaging for these financiers is crafted in a way that resonates with their diverse audience. You need to have a strong strategic understanding of brand positioning and messaging hierarchy, and be accountable for ensuring the work produced reinforces the story they want to tell. They’re a disruptive company that believes in telling their story in a myriad of ways, from entertaining content pieces, to serious long form content, and everything in between. As such you need to be a versatile Copywriter, who is comfortable wearing many hats. In general, concise and sharp copy is required in all their communications. The ideal candidate will come from an in house/corporate environment; however if you come from an ad agency background you will be considered if you have exceptional BTL/Design/long copy experience. This role sits within the Marketing team, which is responsible for delivering a consistent pipeline of high quality, differentiated content. You will work alongside a team of Designers, another Copywriter and a Head of Communications. The role reports directly to the Head of Digital and Marketing. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a growing brand that is working hard to make a difference in the lives of its clients.
- Developing copy and content, often in partnership with the Head of Communications, the Director of Marketing and the designer
- Writing clear, persuasive, original copy designed to nurture leads, sell products, tell the brand story
- Ability to tailor your message to different audiences (for a diverse range of clients, aged 25 – 65+, with a key focus on Black, White) and write effectively for different mediums.
- Occasionally writing long-form copy for press releases etc.
- Supporting with ideation, the development of the monthly marketing calendar and the conceptualisation of marketing activities and campaigns
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar
- Reporting the impact of your initiatives on a weekly basis to the Director of Digital & Marketing.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 8+ years of copy writing
- Relevant Degree
- Experience working on client side (preferable), and have made strong contributions towards the establishment of brand positioning & the development of a brand tone over a sustained period of time
- Hugely excited at the prospect of working for a challenger brand that is disrupting the financial services industry
- Financial experience – a big plus
- High creativity & a conceptual thinker
- Speed of execution, without compromising on quality, is essential in this role
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- High accuracy
- Quick thinker
- Always questioning the status quo
- Able to work independently and without direct supervision
- A highly motivated “doer” ; Deadline driven with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills –written and verbal.
- High stress tolerance
- Detail orientation / meticulous work standards
- User focused
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
- Self-starter / self-motivated
- Independent thinker
- Service orientated
- Problem solver
- High standards
- Varied interests / interesting
- Business savvy
Please send your portfolio and salary requirements with your application.
*Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERFENCE CODE: #Tam209