Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a stunning opportunity for a Senior Digital Designer at a leading retailer’s Cape Town main office. The successful Digital Designer will be a Designer/Maker and Technologist at heart who thrives on building out concepts, prototypes, and digital products that translate research findings and strategic direction into usable and accessible digital products. Sounds exciting because it is! Show us what you can do to make this role yours.
- Understand customer needs, business strategy and team deliverables and find innovative ways to deliver to these opportunities from a design perspective
- Continuously analyse the user journey, creatives and pages that customer engage with to identify performance pitfalls, pain points and opportunities
- Act as the advocate for our customers throughout the design process and maintain focus on their needs when crafting our digital products.
- Design and prototype creative elements, layouts and interaction for the brand’s Online projects and Sales and Marketing Campaigns
- Maintain the high standards as prescribed by the CI and Values in the creative work that is done
- Be an ambassador for online and the online strategy, by engaging in peer group meetings to ensure the relevant groups have full understanding and awareness of the needs of the online team
- Design and maintain CI and Online aligned collateral for the Online Team to use in communicating to management and stakeholders
- Can translate customer behaviour into an architectural system that supports great interactive experiences for our customers.
- Ability to conceptualise quickly, test designs, measure the response, and recommend direction based on iterative feedback to deliver a design that supports a delightful customer experience.
- Ability to successfully articulate a point a view while maintaining an ability to negotiate benefits in a highly collaborative and dynamic structure.
- Ability to review business requirements, write user stories, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Understands design research, its influence on interaction design and the impact on meeting the business goals for our customers
- Demonstrates passion and commitment for excellence, the customer, the brand and organisation, each other, South Africa and transformation and sustainability
- Role models the values: Customer First, Quality, Inspiration, In Touch, Responsible, Integrity, Collaboration
- Demonstrates a commitment to high performance – is delivery focused and goal driven, flexible and thrives on and responds to performance feedback
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Diploma or degree in web design or related field
- 5+ years front-end design experience on consumer-facing digital projects/products (responsive websites, apps, preferred)
- Experience designing for e-commerce sites an advantage
- Portfolio of samples from products/sites that details candidate’s role in the project, including UX and front-end design, process.
- Highly proficient in modern design and prototyping applications like: Sketch, Axure, Figma, InDesign, Adobe CC, etc.
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Slack or JIRA
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle and ability to easily interface with IT development team members and leaders
- Highly proficient in delivering consistent user experiences across: browsers, platforms, and devices.
- Comfortable designing in code, using the browser.
- Experience with integration of brand standards within interaction design solutions
- Active interest in new web-based technologies, with an ability to get up to speed quickly and incorporating into projects effectively.
- Proficiency with mobile concepts including responsive web design and developing strategies for delivery across multiple devices and viewports.
- Knowledge of native mobile application technologies.
- Experience with Agile methodologies for project delivery.
- Understanding of content management systems and ability to deliver assets and code to merchandisers and content writers for implementation of projects.
On application please forward a link to portfolio (or PDF).
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1846