The copywriter is responsible for content development for any aspect of stakeholder and financial reporting based on:
― JSE Listings Requirements;
― South African Companies Act;
― the International Integrated Reporting Council’s <IR> Framework;
― The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)’s G4 guidelines; and
― King III/IV.
frameworks evolve over time. Stakeholder reporting includes, but are not limited to, integrated reports and sustainable development reports.
Key performance areas
* Research: Conducting research on clients, peers and industries (local and international) for use in report writing, expanding internal knowledge base, etc.
* Writing: Writing of stakeholder reports (including integrated and sustainability reports and any other output documents) ensuring compliance with the client brief and the technical requirements (including IIRC <IR>Framework, GRI G4, etc.). This includes effective collection of information as well as conducting interviews with client personnel, compiling templates and questionnaires, etc.
* Excellent language proficiency, appropriate and adaptable writing style and ability to formulate
concisely and creatively.
* Ability to create content for targeted audiences via print and digital channels, including demonstrating a solid understanding of business principles (financial and non-financial) and creativity.
* Ability to deliver according to approved timeline and client brief.
* Development of relationships of trust with clients and internal stakeholders.
* Ability to interview and interact with listed company chairmen, chief executive officers, chief financial officers, etc.
* Collaboration: Collaborating with internal teams, including designers, project managers, typesetters and digital developers, to deliver seamless integrated, quality products to clients. This includes internal meetings as required by the workflow process and requires internal relationship building.
* VAS Administration: Ensure all internal administration/workflow requirements are maintained and
completed according to company standard. This includes identifying and implementing process
* Sales and up-selling: Sales presentations to new clients and up-selling to existing clients.
* A thorough knowledge and understanding of company service offering and the ability to deliver on these with the key account manager.
* Client retention and network building.
Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Attention to detail and accuracy
Compliance with company policy and procedures
Drive for excellence
Organisation and planning skills
Problem solving and innovation
Responsibility and accountability
Verbal and written communication
* Minimum of two years’ similar experience
* Excellent Microsoft Windows: Word, Outlook and Power Point
* A degree.
* Exposure to the print or digital industries or journalism.
* Previous integrated report or sustainability report writing experience.
Salary: R40 - 50 000