Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
A leading South African Financial Services Group is on the lookout for a passionate Senior Manager of Group External Communications to be based at either their Cape Town or Johannesburg offices. This exciting role sits at the hub of the Group’s operations that serves as the “glue” that keeps the Group together by providing strategic direction and support to all divisions assisting them in meeting their business objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining a top notch external communications strategy across the Group.
Please note that only candidates who have previous experience working with a listed multinational organisation within the financial services industry will be considered.
Such a marvelous opportunity, not to be missed!
- Develop an external communications strategy aligned to the Group Communications strategy
- Develop and maintain appropriate external communications policies and procedures to ensure consistency and alignment of external communications across the Group
- Develop and implement an action plan as per the external communications strategy
- Close working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the External Communications strategy on the brand’s reputation
- Media monitoring and analysis
- Develop and implement media and relevant stakeholder relations strategies, including management of external communications projects.
- Effectively manage media liaison
- Execute the Crisis Communications and Reputation management strategies as required
- Knowledge management, including documenting case studies and best practice as well as alignment of external communications across the Group
- Writing (media releases, speeches, etc) and editing
- Manage External Communications budget
- Team leadership: Manage the external communications team, resources and service providers; Timely submission of management reports
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Journalism, Communication or Media Studies with Journalism, Communication Science and/or Media studies as major subjects.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in External Communication of which 5 years should be on a Senior Management level, preferably in a Multi-National organisation
- At least 3 years’ Journalism, Marketing/Corporate Communications or writing experience
- Experience working in a Corporate Communications, Public/Corporate Affairs and/or Stakeholder Relations environment
- Existing network with the South African media, government and other stakeholders
- Proven experience in Reputation and/or Perception Management
- Understanding of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility issues and how they might be leveraged to the benefit of the brand and reputation an advantage
- Proven experience in crisis communication
- Proven managerial skills
- Experience in drafting a strategy for external communication environment
- Writing, editing, photography skills
- Journalism/Media, Corporate Communications and Public Relations experience
- Computer literate
- Strong knowledge of and relationships with the media industry in South Africa, especially financial media
- Knowledge of and previous work with the media in the rest of Africa and internationally an advantage
- Media monitoring and measurement systems knowledge
- An understanding of basic financial and economic concepts
- Social Media management skills
- Publishing suites (WordPress, etc.) knowledge – intermediate to advanced
- MS Office suite skills – intermediate to advanced
- Knowledge of internal communication
- Good at building partnerships
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic decision-making
- Presentation skills
- Communication: Strong writing skills, proficient in English and other languages relevant to the Group (French/Portuguese/Afrikaans) – an advantage
- Influencing/Gaining Commitment
- Results driven
- Planning and organising skills
- Stress tolerance
- Innovative thinker
- Ability to work independently
- Networking skills
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam296