A terrific role has become available for a super-efficient, organised Senior Operations and Traffic Manager at a young, funky agency close to Cape Town’s CBD. The Operations and Traffic Manager works closely with all departments within the agency, who works TTL with a focus on ATL, BTL and Eventing. The successful candidate will be the central point of contact for all work that comes in and out of the system, as well as for all team members. Communication is key to ensuring that all parties are working seamlessly together and are clear on deliverables. You will also be responsible for progressing all jobs into the system which includes reviewing all briefs, allocating creative resources, assessing and working with deadlines, as well as ensuring that the deadlines are met. You will be responsible for assigning and alerting specific team members of jobs and monitoring their progress. If you’re a take-charge, team-playing individual who enjoys things like stunning offices that look out over the lovely Cape Town skyline, then this could be just the thing you’ve been looking for.
- Overseeing all systems and processes in order to ensure optimal efficient output.
- Identifying where new processes are required and putting the necessary steps in place with the relevant team members to implement these.
- Assess any problem areas through your interactions with all departments and resolve these accordingly.
- Working closely with the management team (MD, Creative Directors and Client Services Director).
- Conduct regular updates and escalate issues with the relevant management team members on the operational health of the agency and their departments.
- Ensure that all studio resources have the necessary tools at their disposal to be able to perform their roles optimally.
- Leave tracking and form management, as well as facilitating leave approvals.
- Management of general office admin.
- Schedule, monitor and traffic all work into the studio.
- Weekly capacity and workflow planning and management of schedules.
- Facilitate weekly creative stand up sessions.
- Oversee diaries of creative directors and creative studio to ensure no overlaps or capacity issues.
- Trafficking of creative briefs, ensuring briefs are received on time, and scheduling project kickstarts and reviews.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on all briefs to ensure that you are happy with the quality of briefs going into the system.
- Ensure that work flows through the various stages accordingly and is completed on time as per deadline.
- Creating agency timing plans for all projects.
- Communicating any concerns or delays with the client services team.
- Weekly status meetings with client services team.
- Ensuring that all staff members timesheets are submitted weekly.
- Contacting and obtaining costs and timings from freelancers when necessary, as well as management of the freelancer database.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in operations and traffic management in an advertising agency/design environment.
- Understanding of advertising and the creative process.
- Digital knowledge and experience.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as the job involves working very closely with all team members and departments within the agency.
- A team player.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Efficient in time management and able to prioritise and multitask on various levels.
- Enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated.
- Able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Solutions driven outlook.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful for this specific role.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1832