We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and connected Senior PR Account Executive at the in-house PR department at a dynamic agency in Cape Town. We’re looking for someone with lifestyle experience (retail would be a plus), as well as traditional PR agency experience. The ideal candidate has both excellent media relations and pitching skills as they are a key focus of this role. The role calls for a creative thinker who is also a competent writer, as you will be responsible for writing newsletters, press releases and snippets. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with the broader advertising agency on some fabulous FMCG, Retails and Media accounts. Lovely opportunity at a lovely agency – don’t miss out!
- Generation of media lists
- Coordination of client meetings
- Monitor media coverage and report results to wider team and clients
- Brainstorm impactful and innovative ideas for PR campaigns
- Writing press releases, newsletters, product pieces.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- ±3 years’ traditional PR agency experience
- Ability to handle and manage a few accounts simultaneously
- Understands PR, keeps up with trends and has strong media relations – an absolute must!
- Strong print, broadcast and blogger media contacts – a must
- Creative thinker
- Sharp pitching skills
- Proficient writer – writing releases, newsletters and product pieces
- Ability to work towards deadlines and multi-task.
Please submit your salary expectations and quote the job reference code (#Tam396) in your email’s subject line on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam396