- Develop, with Director, strategic and tactical client programmes.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply communications techniques beyond media relations in response to client briefs, including viral and web PR techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to write persuasively, creatively pitch stories and identify/develop story opportunities.
- Lead journalist relationship-building initiatives within the team across various media sectors.
- Identify and build relationships at multiple levels within clients.
- Build high-level knowledge of client’s market sector.
- Show excellent communication skills: express ideas and articulate concepts, recommendations, etc. in client or team meetings.
- Demonstrate a self-starter approach.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity.
- Identify trend topics / events related to clients and suggest ways to participate.
- Utilise social listening tools to generate insights and suggest new ideas and tactics.
- Have knowledge of the various social media channels used by clients, generate content for these platforms, manage them according to client guidelines and nurture relationships with influencers.
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience.
- Enforce the social media guidelines as defined by the client’s brand.
- Manage events including preparation timelines, finding a venue and managing suppliers. Attending events to Tweet live to drive engagement and encourage participation. Provide media relations support for clients during events.
- Participate in client meetings, managing meeting protocols, agenda, etc.
- Plan and participate in client review meetings with team.
- Develop a consulting/advisory capability with client wherever possible.
- Take a leadership role in the development of the Epic MSLGroup office in terms of staff, clients and overall strategy.
- Accurately review billing arrangements for clients.
- Identify early account problems and act/advise solutions, in conjunction with Director.
- Support Director to ensure smooth integration of new business and smooth running of existing accounts.
- Effectively manage own time and that of junior staff
- Support company culture; actively seek new, smarter ways of doing things.
- Be seen as an ambassador for the company.
Account management and strategic thinking and planning
- Work with Director to finalise programme and budgets for client.
- Assume accountability for financial aspects of cost management on client programmes; aware of financial status of accounts at all times.
- Maintain an in-depth interest/knowledge of current affairs; look for links, opportunities to position company to client as appropriate.
- Seek and develops opportunities for organic growth of existing business.
- Demonstrate strong proposal writing and pitch preparation skills in conjunction with Director.
- Demonstrate advanced presentation and influencing skills.
- Hold in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape.
- Build high-level analytical and research skills.
- Become a role model for junior staff.
- Support team development and staff team and project planning.
- Conduct appraisals for junior staff.
- Contribute to and participates in personal development activities for junior staff (i.e. via coaching, workshop development etc.)
- Actively look to maintain and build positive working relationships.