A dynamic integrated, boutique PR/Communications agency based in Stellenbosch is looking for an experienced PR Account Director/Senior PR Account Manager to join their diverse team of specialised communication consultants. In this stunning role you will be called upon to manage multiple accounts within the agency’s portfolio. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the accounts and manage all PR and communication requirements on time, to a high-quality level and within budget. The role reports to the Company Director/Account Director. We’re looking for a passionate individual with previous traditional PR Consultancy experience and strong media contacts. The successful candidate must have lifestyle client experience, ideally wine, destination and design. You’ll also manage a small team. This is a ‘hands on’ role, so you must be prepared to roll up your sleeves and do the work. The role offers flexi hours and remote working arrangements – what a win!
- Identify newsworthy angles for press releases
- Drafting and implementation of media campaigns
- Evaluate PR campaigns and coverage
- Manage third party suppliers
- Manage client budget
- Managing the updates of Client’s internal asset platforms
- Assist in developing and leading PR strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client’s key business objectives
- Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognize media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum
- Ongoing building and maintaining of media relations
- Ability to implement and interpret media analytics using a media monitoring platform
- Management of small, medium and large campaigns and events
- Ongoing generation of innovative and creative ideas in line with client strategy
- Full understanding of our 360-degree communication offering and specifically how Public Relations and Social Media fit into this and how it can be used to amplify, leverage and build credibility for clients
- Management of small, medium and large accounts
- Identification, briefing and management of suppliers
- Manage and facilitate client meetings
- Client & Financial Management
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Full understanding of client industry and client requirements
- Overall delivery on client briefs
- Drafting of proposals, action and roll-out plans for presentation to client
- Generating of effective team status reports
- Generating of effective monthly media reports for submission to client
- Bi-weekly status meetings with team and clients
- Compiling and presenting of learnings and recommendations following each and every campaign
- Troubleshoot and actively and proactively resolve client (and team related) disputes, issues, complaints
- To coach and mentor junior staff to develop skills and talent internally
- Build and show respect and loyal commitment to management and staff
- Compile an effective and accurate budget and present to client
- Alert senior and identify areas where costs will be outside of agreed budget and pro-actively address this with client
- Negotiate and manage suppliers.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- At least five years Public Relations experience in an Senior Account Manager /Account Manager role (agency experience)
- Previous PR Consultancy experience.
- Lifestyle client experience (ideally wine, destination and design)
- Traditional PR experience with strong media contacts.
- Fantastic writing and presentation skills
- Great media relations and understanding of the media landscape
- Good people management skills
- Punctual with regards to keeping office hours and meetings
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all written work
- Drafts effective, accurate documents for clients
- Well organised
- Passionate about the PR industry
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve
- Believes in teamwork and collaboration
- A creative thinker
- Full operational understanding and ability to develop and implement the agency’s services
- Ability to write accurate, quality press releases, client profiles, product snippets, event listings, blog posts and newsletters
- Able to compile a comprehensive media list
- Excellent written and verbal story pitching to media skills
- Ability to compile a PR plan and implement PR campaigns based on client brief
- Strong administrative skills: draft contact and call reports, update status reports, compile cost estimates and manage job bags.
Please submit your salary requirements with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam373