A truly amazing and unique PR Agency based in Cape Town has a fabulous opportunity for a senior PR Account Manager or Account Director to work on renowned alcohol brand accounts. While this exciting opening has elements of traditional media relations this role is broader and is more focused on events, activations, media partnerships, influencer management and social media. We’re looking for someone with relevant previous experience, be it in-house, PR or ad agency. The ideal candidate is flexible and multi-talented and who loves popular culture and the SA music scene; someone eager to get stuck in to projects that incorporate brand strategy, design, social media, events and anything else that gets thrown into the mix. The agency takes attention to detail and craftsmanship really seriously in order to do really, really good work that impresses their clients. This role will include a fair amount of travel to JHB as well as some weekend work. If you believe in partnership and mutual respect and can have fun along the way, get in touch, we’d love to chat.
- Management of day-to-day execution of PR plans for clients (and the agency), under direction from the Managing Director. Management of junior staff (Account Executives and Interns).
- One of the main client contacts and day-to-day management of client relationship.
- Core understanding of client business and display excellent relationships with the clients.
- Day to day implementation of agreed client PR, activation and event plans.
- Media liaison and relationship building – with traditional media and influencers.
- Content and collateral drafting – from traditional materials (press releases etc.) to new media (blog posts, social media updates).
- Social media management – oversight of development of content calendars and dealing with client contacts to manage and roll out.
- Content creation – development and execution of content plan – including management of suppliers to create content such as video and visual materials.
- Project management – research, planning, development of presentations, supplier management, budgets.
- Event and activation management – development of plan, costing, budgets, execution.
- Display problem solving abilities.
- Good presentation skills – verbal, in front of an audience, and written.
- Good programme delivery skills – time management, budgets, project management.
- Admin – status reports, media and online measurement and evaluation.
- Mentor the mid-level and junior team members, particularly in terms of skills development in media relations and account management.
- New business and project work as required
- Lead the alcohol brand accounts (with supporting team and reporting into MD) activations, events, influencer management, social media for South Africa and social media for the EMEA region.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Diploma/Degree.
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience in a PR, Marketing, Ad or Communications agency – non-negotiable.
- Experience in managing events and activations, liaising with clients and social media plans – essential.
- Excellent media relations skills with proven relationships and results in traditional media placement – a bonus.
- Obsessive attention to detail and massively organised.
- Understanding of all marketing disciplines – digital, branding, online etc. – a must.
- Outgoing, opinionated and confident – but with being arrogant or obnoxious. Prima Donnas not wanted, but neither are wallflowers.
- Ability to lead others.
- Calm under pressure.
- Self-starter: high energy, ability to get stuck in and get their hands dirty.
- Articulate and well presented.
- Obsessed with media and communications – whether that be a passion for magazines or news, or fanatical about blogging.
- Able to travel to Johannesburg.
- Experience and/ contacts in the music scene – a plus!
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam382