Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a very exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven Senior Strategic Planner at an innovative agency based in Johannesburg. The agency is part of a global network of agencies and delivers true ‘integration’ within the speed, diversity and potential of modern communications – bringing together best of breed data, media, advertising, technology and creative under one roof in multiple markets around the world.
The ideal candidate has experience in traditional brand planning and/or social/content digital/CRM with a drive to lead clients to the best work and a track record of doing this. This role will require a dedicated focus to the South African market primarily in the automotive sector. As Senior Strategic Planner you will be the strategic lead in developing communications at a South African level for several vehicle models – which will also involve providing guidance around how campaigns should be delivered in-market. An ability to influence and lead a number of independent parties will therefore be key to your success. Effective in-team collaboration across Media, Creative, Data & Analytics, Public Relations and Account Management and with global Strategic Planning counterparts will be essential, to ensure consistency of brand communications in-market and across EMEA. Don’t delay, get in touch today!
- Leading planning efforts on projects at a South African level, working with internal teams
- Able to develop, articulate and drive through a Brand Strategy in all its elements from Creative, Channel implications, Metrics etc.
- Focused on how to bring Brands and campaign ideas to life across different communications channels, and over time
- Experienced at working with creative teams
- Highly proficient at understanding consumers and identifying insights using research (quantity and quality) and data effectively
- Competent at writing & delivering well structured, strategic presentations
- Comfortable with evaluating marketing options and their implications across a range of market conditions and situations
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree
- Solid experience in Strategic Planning – the role could suit either an experienced Senior Planner, or a current Strategic Planning Director
- Brilliant client leadership
- An engaging orator and able to really ‘sell’ ideas to client
- Sound written and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – will be communicating directly with clients and senior management
- Efficient, organised and dependable
- Self-motivated, proactive and positive, with ability to prioritise work and situations
- Flexible attitude around different working methods
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2616