Calling award winning senior Packaging Graphic Designers or those who want to win awards…
Do you have 5 – 7 years packaging design experience (NON NEGOTIABLE) combined with good leadership and mentorship skills?
Want to work for a leading brand and packaging design studio in SA?
The role is based in Johannesburg.
- Graphic Design qualification
- 5 – 7 years packaging design experience (NON-NEGOTIABLE)
- Excellent Mac and Adobe skills
- Excellent creative crafting skills – ideas, typology, layout, colour, composition, materials
- Excellent illustration skills both in traditional medium and computer generated packages in order to sketch concept/design ideas and or/layout
- Good knowledge of artwork/repro/print processes
- Experience in developing commercially viable creative concepts and delivering to brief in a design studio environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Packaging Development
- Experience in contributing to creative strategy
- Good understanding and appreciation of product/pack material limitations and solutions and of new/recyclable materials
- Knowledge of 3D rendering / packages will be advantageous.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Team player – working with cross-functional teams in brief development and translation to concept
- Work with the Creative Team to translate written briefs into creatively appealing and commercially viable packaging design solutions – considering all markets where appropriate, in-line with brand/creative direction and to budget and time, and with the utmost attention to detail.
- Attend briefing meetings and represent the creative team in project groups
- Brief and direct photographers, illustrators, designers, copywriters, and freelance resource where required to produce creative materials
- Represent the creative team and present creative work to cross-functional teams
- Motivate other members of the wider creative team, generating fresh ideas
- Source and research relevant information as required for projects
- Attend exhibitions/conferences as requested by GM to be aware and up to date with current developments and trend in design
- Keep up to date with current trends in packaging
- Undertake special creative projects
- Liaise with, direct and attend technical/production meetings to ensure quality standards and finishes are met
- Work with external suppliers to ensure quality standards and finishes are met
- Continually build knowledge and awareness of material/design limitations and solutions to aid in developing viable design solutions – working with closely with the Production Team, Finished Art team and external suppliers
Pls provide a link to your online porti when applying.