We have a fabulous opportunity for a junior to mid-weight Social Media Coordinator to work at a leading lifestyle retailer’s Cape Town office. This exciting role will see you managing the social media platforms for the brand’s pages as well as for two of their subsidiary companies. We are looking for an analytical and strategic Social Media Coordinator with some luxury lifestyle (or similar upmarket brand) experience. The successful candidate will manage the day to day, assist with strategy development and be responsible for content calendars, posting and boosting etc. Analytics is an important part of the job. You must also be able to assist with writing. Don’t miss this opportunity to work with a supportive and committed team.
- Daily managing and monitoring of all social media channels in line with the commercial plan and social content roadmap.
- Creating and curating exciting and relevant content that increases brand awareness and drives sales by liaising with creative and various stakeholders within the business.
- Liaise with and brief creative to ensure posts are strategically aligned with the brand and social media strategy
- Create and manage the brand’s communities to grow followers and engagement.
- Create content relevant to content pillars.
- Create content relevant to identified personas.
- Developing strategic initiatives in order to improve the performance of channel specific KPIs.
- Developing strategies and execute initiatives in order to grow the audience of our social media channels.
- Reporting using service providers; Google Analytics and internal reports in order to get a better understanding of the performance of campaigns and develop an understanding of who our user base is.
- Maintain a social content calendar that aligns with commercial and content strategies
- Compiling weekly reports on social media KPIs.
- Ensure social media budget is kept up to date and monitored.
- Keep up to date with social media trends and ensure this is communicated to marketing team.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary education
- 3+ years social media management experience
- Experience in the décor industry or premium brand exposure would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead social media campaigns
- Experience with e-commerce and or retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- In-depth Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter understanding.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Ability to think strategically and commercially.
- Ability to manage a social budget.
- Comfortable with numbers, data and analytics.
- High Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Technically curious.
- Solid copy writing skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team dynamic.
- Knowledge of strategic social media practices.
- Ability to be resourceful in finding content opportunities.
- Communicating with different areas of the business.
- A problem solver that’s excited by a challenge.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam439