We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-weight Social Media & Digital Strategist at a fabulous PR & Communications agency in Cape Town. We’re looking for a creative and forward-thinking Digital Marketing Specialist to assist in the managing of their client portfolio within the lifestyle and corporate sectors. In this role you will be responsible for the development and support of all the agency’s Social Media and Digital Marketing campaigns for clients that will align with PR and Communication strategies. You will be required to compile predominantly social media strategies, but also broader digital strategies. Implementation and reporting as well as overseeing implementation by other staff members falls under your scope of work. You will be charged with the oversight of agency teams in the coordinating and implementation of campaigns, and as such you will also be hands-on. The ideal candidate has a mastery of current Social Media tools, platforms, networks, applications and trends, and will be able to help effectively create and implement Social Media strategies for the integrated Digital campaigns. Hands on experience with PPC and SEO will give you the edge in this terrific client facing role.
- Responsible for the development of all digital marketing campaigns, briefing and oversight of implementation for the agency
- Project manage in detail the Digital Marketing campaigns and Social Media platforms (including Facebook pages, email, Social Media, search engines) for clients
- Strategic capability to answer client brief, question client to get the necessary information
- Budget planning and management for online campaigns
- Identify and recommend techniques and methods for enhancing the digital integrated campaigns on electronic/online Marketing and Communications
- Compile briefs in an easy-to-use, clear, concise, comprehensible way
- Develop and maintain Social Media profiles
- Publish approved messages/content through Social Media channels
- Drive traffic to websites using a variety of methods
- Implement Pay-per-Click advertising campaigns
- Monitor a company’s online reputation and presence, with strong reporting
- Design and publish email using approved content and message
- Craft email campaigns
- Ability to lead and manage people.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Communications, Public Relations (preferred)
- 5-7 years of experience in Web and Digital Communications
- Agency experience – essential
- A basic knowledge of HTML/PHP/Python/UX/UI
- A thorough understanding of Web Analytics and tracking
- Collaborative team player
- Passion for the Digital environment, Online Marketing and enthusiasm for continued professional development
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to express themselves clearly
- Confident, dependable and “can do” attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam383