A leading distributor of premium alcohol brands is looking for a medium-weight Social Media Manager Rockstar to join their ever- growing team.
This energetic, online savvy superhuman would form part of the in-house Agency Team and would be responsible for the management and growth of their portfolio of brands in the digital space.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY
- Social strategy: -Development and implementation of a social media content strategy that supports the company’s marketing objectives; This includes the setting of targets and measuring these against relevant competitors in the market.
- Annual Brand Planning collaboration: working with the relevant Brand Managers to ensure that social has a leading voice in all Annual Brand Plans.
- Content creation: Planning and production of SM Plan outputs that filter down into monthly social media content calendars across key channels for a variety of brands (Social Media, Events, Calendar occasions, Pro-Active and Reactive ideas).
- Sourcing and production of visual posts, alongside the writing and creating of engaging copy to accompany these posts, across various SM platforms
- Liaising with global brand teams where applicable, for brands requiring global approval prior to posting.
- Managing and Implementing Social Media Advertising campaigns.
- Working with our Press / media partners and On-and Off-Trade partners, for content presentations and mileage generation across our Social Media platforms.
- Community management: Engaging with customers through the use of social media; Resolving escalated customer service issues; Creating positive PR and brand building opportunities.
- Managing and monitoring social media for customer comments both positive and negative and feedback
- Working with the Head of Agency and Head of Creative and their team on designing and executing relevant social media requirements (posts, Giffs, video content, photography content and the likes)
- Monthly reporting on all brand Social Media scorecards (using recommended monitoring platforms)
- Producing and presenting regular trends reports on the ever-changing, exciting world of online behaviour and how we as a company can leverage these trends
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a social media role (alcohol or premium brand experience advantageous). Portfolio of previous work experience mandatory upon application.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- A passion for photography and videography and how to go about creating content using these.
- Highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative and creative vision – to be on top of budding trends and to identify opportunities to capitalise on these or to make something completely new
- Exceptional social savvy: an in-depth knowledge and interest in social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and more) with an up-to-the-minute knowledge of the latest social trends/platforms and industry best practice
- The ability to communicate appropriately with a variety of audiences and educate and influence various stakeholders
- Outstanding, witty and creative editorial skills
- Experience in a Marketing/Digital agency / a qualification in Digital Marketing
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An understanding of SEO optimisation and what it takes to be the top of the leader board on search engine platforms
- Able to set up an Advertising campaign on the “classic” social media platforms + Google AdWords program.
- An understanding of Meltwater tracking programme a plus.
- Ability to interact, collaborate, communicate and present ideas
- Friendly, fun can-do attitude.
- A great work ethic – Fast, energetic, diligent learner and team player. Team work here is everything.
- Motivated with a drive for results
- Ability to dance like Michael Jackson and do the floss dance in high-heels while taking film-star quality selfies are a pre-requisite.
Mon – Friday, 9am-5pm during the week with overtime occasional expected.
Responding to social media enquiries during weekends as well as attendance of the odd on-con/ trade event to capture Social Media content from and post it is part of the job too.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
Salary: R25 - 30 000