A highly innovative, boutique agency’s new Johannesburg base is looking for a hands-on, experienced mid-senior Social Media Manager to lead a small Social Media team in supporting a leading technology brand’s Social Media across all channels. The ideal candidate comes from a Digital or Social Media agency background and is able to plan content across multiple channels, is strategic in their thinking and has both ‘paid’ social media and ‘brand’ experience – someone used to working on accounts with a high volume following. The agency, whose head office is in Cape Town has an extremely modern approach, making it an enviable place to work for a self-motivated and dynamic individual. You’ll also be afforded the privilege of working on a truly exciting, cutting edge and well-loved tech brand. They’re looking for interesting people who get things done and know how to deliver the goods. Is it you?
A typical day in this role could look like this:
- Review results from yesterday’s posts
- Make sure today’s posts are ready to be released
- Review new creative from the studio and give feedback on it
- Brainstorm ideas for a new trending meme – should there be a tactical implementation? What is it?
- Research content for next month’s content plan
- Review next week’s creative output
- Sit in on brainstorms for a product launch campaign
- Prepare for a brand review, what are competitors doing that is good/ how are audiences responding?
The successful candidate must have/be:
- ±5 years’ experience (preferably with a Digital/Social Media agency environment)
- Detail oriented
- Able to plan content across multiple channels with high frequency
- Extensive ‘paid’ social media campaign experience
- Major ‘brand’ experience with an extensive social media following
- Able to handle multiple postings per day
- Good strategic understanding
- A keen interest in Analytics
- Hands on
- Good at time management
- Able to get ‘stuck in’ and do the work when needed
- Able to manage a junior staff member
- Able to self-manage
- Problem solver
- Passionate about building the brand.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam279