R12000 – R18000 per month (Negotiable depending on experience)
Top ad agencies seeks to hire a strategic media planner to join their already highly successful team.
Please note this position is Josi based, if you are already living in Jozi or you are willing to relocate, we would love to talk to you.
Please ensure you match the criteria before submitting your CV to our offices.
Your role as a strategic planner in this firm will be to act as a catalyst for great ideas, and you must be able to transfer these ideas into new growth opportunities in the digital and media spaces with existing and new clients. We want a person who can artfully lead a team to find the smartest story that answers the assignment. A person who understands how strategy can help identify key performance indicators that will meet all goals and performance measures. We want a person who is always reshaping the assignment, improving the output, working on the next thing. And we won’t complain if you know something about other media mediums too.
- A strong knowledge of communication and brand strategy beyond traditional channels are of utmost importance
- Thorough research skill in brands, markets, business and competitors with exceptional skills to effectively and strategically lead a brands business objective along with complete creative strategy with creative teams and clients to produce the best possible advertising strategy to award-winning standards
- Complete communication, advertising and strategic planning capabilities and experience
- Thorough understanding of communication processes and relevant development stages
- Confident presentation skills
- Has an overall responsibility for understanding consumer issues, leveraging insights, writing briefs and conducting briefings on several brands, and the ability to mentor and train others in the same pursuits
- Delivers relevant recommendations to clients that incorporate accountability metrics across other disciplines
- Passion and positive energy that resists the temptation to be miserable when things get tough
- Ability to provide big-picture strategic thinking, vision and insights to drive big ideas and digital initiatives
- Thinks of digital with a sound strategy in mind rather than a trend
- Relishes debate, finds possibility where there is none, and worries about the wrinkle that others ignore
- Despises the path of least resistance, and embraces leadership
- Eight to ten years of experience
Salary: R10 - 15 000