Dentsu Aegis overview
As the world becomes 100% digital, and as we become a 100% digital business by 2020, introducing new roles and talent which are focused on digital cultural traits is a clear priority. The use of data to underpin our activities is the most important capability for Dentsu Aegis Network to continue to invest in.
We understand that talent rather than technology is one of the most important driving factors for competitive advantage. Our culture is driven by our vision and values – and we are introducing a data driven culture to ensure “data thinking” is a core component of our everyday work.
Our future leadership is key. In order to enable the transformation towards a “100% Digital” network, Dentsu Aegis Network Leaders must play a pioneering, trail-blazing role to take the company forward, often in radically new ways or having to respond to an extraordinary pace of change that demands frequent and rapid adjustment.
We would like to invite you to join us on this exciting journey at Isobar, a global agency that delivers robust, world-class digital solutions, powered by creativity. We design everything from content-rich brand experiences to sophisticated business platforms and entertainment apps.
We are searching for a Technical Director to join our Isobar team. The successful incumbent will be required to ensure the delivery of world-class product that defines the agency. The candidate will lead and inspire the development team to create and deliver innovative and creative tech solutions.
• Technically oversee all projects from planning and strategy
• Build and maintain the applications developed for the agency
• Deliver cost effect and reusable applications
• Problem solve in order to accommodate creative concepts through technical delivery
• Ensure that the output is efficient and technically accurate
TEAM MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
• Grow in-house development capabilities in line with business objectives
• Attract, retain and develop best-in-class talent
• Ensure team are trained and developed in accordance with business needs and technical innovation
• Allocate project work to best suitable resource (including external sources)
• Drive and facilitate efficient processes to ensure the smooth running of the technical team and deliver value for client, Isobar and Dentsu Aegis integration
• Ensure full collaboration between the design, copy and development teams to deliver complex, world-class work
• Have a deep understanding of the latest technologies available and to advise whether their use is suitable
• Estimate timing of development projects based on agency project plan and resources available
• Write project specifications
• Work with brand teams and address operational problems and shortcomings
• Ensure contractual compliance to guarantee service is delivered within scope of contract and works with the Group Account Director when out of scope services are negotiated separately
• Liaise with and manage third-party service providers
• Ensure the profitability of all work developed
• Stays up to date on technologies, development principals and trends
• Ensures the sharing of knowledge throughout the team and agency
• Work with the senior management team to drive new business growth
• Attend, and in certain cases lead, client pitches
• Identify strategic opportunities for new and existing clients
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in an agency environment is essential and at least 3 years in a senior management position or similar role
• Relevant IT qualification
• Broad framework knowledge and an expert in standard web application development solutions, including application server platforms, cloud architecture and content management systems
• Extensive coding/programming experience: front and back end.
• Solid UI experience
• Sees themselves as both a technical expert and a leader
• Influencing skills and client effectiveness
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Passionate about his/her field and new technology
• An accomplished team leader with the desire to grow, develop and mentor a team
Salary: R50 - 60 000