Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting CONTRACT position for a mid-weight Through-the-Line Copywriter at a fabulous retail in-house agency based in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be called upon to develop high-quality, intelligent copy solutions and innovative creative solutions that communicate the brand effectively. You’ll be required to implement the advertising strategy and creative direction for the brand’s Marketing communications, as part of an integrated 360° approach. If you have a relevant portfolio of work, we’d love to hear from you!
- Provide input into the copy strategy
- Develop copy and creative for Marketing and Communication across the relevant portfolios.
- Develop copy and creative for Marketing and Communication across relevant media.
- Write and input the copy elements of 360-degree briefs for campaigns.
- Act as an ambassador for the Agency and Marketing by building relationships and respect with Product groups through the delivery of world-class thinking and messaging.
- Conceptualise copy and creative concepts – big picture thinking.
- Deliver world-class and innovative creative solutions.
- Drive consistency, innovation and freshness in copy delivery.
- Build credibility in copy by constantly pushing quality of messaging in the delivery of projects.
- Identify and realise messaging opportunities (across all media) to ensure that brand is ahead of the game, both locally and globally in retail and branding.
- Understand the business strategy and tone-of-voice and translate this into copy.
- Develop through-the-line copy.
- Accurately and timeously complete copywriting assignments.
- Read, challenge and interpret briefs in order to deliver effective copy solutions.
- Understand and instil a commercial mindfulness through messaging that speaks to the customer.
- Build, develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend client meetings from briefing to presentation and throughout delivery as required.
- Active involvement with the project team through all stages of each project to ensure compliance with the brief, strategic direction and time allocation.
- Ensure the Content Lead/Head of Copy/Creative Lead reviews work for approval prior to being forwarded to the client and prior to presentations.
- Check and ensure accuracy of all copy delivered according to brief.
- Maintain awareness of marketing trends and an up-to-date knowledge of the communications mix by continuously researching relevant local and international advertising and marketing communications.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree in Copywriting and/or post-graduate diploma in copywriting
- 3 – 5 years’ experience
- Advertising agency or in-house advertising agency experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Planning and organising skills
- An excellent command of the English language
- Good written communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to interpret and follow a brief
- The ability to think conceptually
- The ability to work well with others
- A good understanding of Marketing Communication channels
- A good understanding of the brand
- Computer literate (Word and Outlook)
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and implementation experience
- A quick thinker
- Hardworking and dedicated
Please submit a relevant portfolio on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam340