We have a stunning opportunity for a mid-weight through-the-line Designer/Art Director at an integrated Marketing agency in Sandton, Johannesburg. This exciting role will see you interpret the brand and marketing needs of clients to drive sales. We’re looking for a designer with 3 – 5 years relevant TTL Art Direction/Graphic Design experience. You should have solid conceptual ability, a keen eye for Design and Art Direction aesthetics. The work requires creative flair, self-management, up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and software along with a professional approach to time and deadlines. Come on, show us what you’ve got and make this fabulous role yours!
- Bringing the brief and concept to life based on the client’s needs and vision.
- Ability to ensure creative output aligns with strategy.
- Ideation/Conceptualisation of new ideas.
- Keeping budget, time and production constraints in mind.
- Preparing mock-ups and presenting to clients before deciding on a final design/concept.
- Editing proofs to client’s specifications and getting signoff/approval before finalizing artwork.
- Working and collaborating withcopywriters and other designers.
- Adapting and rolling out approved concepts to various media, above and below the line.
- Adhering to a client’s brand identity and guidelines.
- Working with external departments to extend concept and visuals to other internal and external marketing-related material.
- Having an understanding of Repro and DTP ensuring artwork is correct and supplied in the right format/sizes/colour codes before being sent to press and production facilities.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Graphic and Digital Design qualification and experience
- 3 – 5 years Design experience within an advertising agency
- Mac literate
- InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop proficient
- Familiar with HTML and coding
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills,
- The ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce high-quality material with attention to detail,
- Own laptop – advantageous
- Self-starter and independent
- Strong communicator
- Excellent organisational, time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work as a link/PDF along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within a reasonable time frame, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1938