We have a fabulous opening for a mid-weight UX Designer at a leading, well-loved retail brand in Cape Town. This is role will see you creating an exceptional e-commerce user experience that supports the online strategy across both responsive web and app including internal campaigns, marketing campaigns and trade initiatives. We’re looking for someone who possesses great visual design skills and has a strong sense of graphic, web and screen design, as well as a high level of understanding of visual solutions for smaller portable screens. You must have an appreciation of intuitive interaction design. The ideal candidate can communicate effectively and possesses a commercial understanding and awareness. The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography and digital standards is essential to executing design projects of all sizes and completing them with resourcefulness and dedication. Exciting opportunity, not to be missed!
- Create effective and insightful user-centred designs through a solid understanding of the UCD best-practice, the Online strategy and close collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with UX and UI e-commerce trends across digital channels and platforms
- Own the experience design of assigned projects
- Collaborate with the UX, development, creative and marketing teams in creating seamless experiences for our customers
- Build and maintain good working relationships with the Online and Marketing teams
- Proactively contribute ideas and improvements to our online and app shopping experience
- Conduct user research to feed the development of profiles, personas and ecosystems
- Develop task and user flow diagrams
- Wireframing and prototyping of solutions
- Information architecture design
- Conduct various forms of quantitative and qualitative user testing
- UX Analysis
- Ensure that designs meet the standards of user effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction
- QA of UX and UI projects
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant design or UX Degree/qualification from a recognised institution
- Minimum 2 years in related professional UX design role
- Experience in design and prototyping tools e.g. Balsamiq, Sketch, Photoshop
- Experience in both responsive web and mobile platforms
- Experience in retail/e-commerce – advantageous
- Ability to articulate designs, user-flows, wireframes etc.
- Knowledge of both responsive web and mobile platforms
- Knowledge of visual, UI and interaction design principles with an eye for detail
- Passion for creating great user experiences
- Passion for user interface design
- Understanding of agile process and methodology
- Ability to provide a solid rationale to motivate decisions
- Ability to contribute to team discussions and brainstorms
- Proficiency in chosen UX tools
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
Please submit a relevant portfolio as a PDF/link on application.
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1813