Superb opportunity for a UX/UI guru! We’re looking for a seasoned UX/Information Architect Specialist to develop and execute a differentiating, globally competitive User Experience Strategy for a futuristic online tech company’s software products. This innovative company is based in Cape Town’s northern suburbs. The successful candidate will head up their own team, ultimately report to Head of Brand. They will be required to collaborate with stakeholders across the value chain. You have a compelling vision and good understanding of the UX discipline, you are able to evangelise stakeholders meaningfully and practice an agile mind-set. Internal and external stakeholders will be located across time zones and strong stakeholder management skills will therefore be of particular importance in this role. Are you the superstar we’re looking for?
- Establish UX as a competitive differentiator, incorporating the company’s values of simplicity and innovation.
- Envision stakeholders and ensure execution in step with our product release plans.
- Ensure that key principles of UX are established across the product portfolio.
- Work with the Digital Designer to deliver wireframes, user journeys, low and high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes, optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Apply an entrepreneurial approach to gain an understanding of evolving user requirements to build competitive products.
- Manage your own and the team’s availability – given stakeholders across time zones, sometimes to join/host meetings outside typical office hours.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A tertiary Business, Business Analyst or Design qualification – an advantage.
- Proven experience in developing compelling User Experience. Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, Balsamiq, Axure.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including Business Development, Product Management and Engineering.
- A natural leader who is able to inspire and envision the team you work with.
- A compelling vision of the value of UX and how it contributes to a company’s competitiveness.
- A solid track record in executing your vision, with the ability to demonstrate effective “step-corrections” on your journey of learning within this area of expertise.
- A good understanding of the agile paradigm and are able to articulate it in simple words that reflect your growing insight.
- A good understanding of UX research techniques and know when to best apply them in a business context as well as how to interpret the results.
- Good knowledge of the software development process.
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate Design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and users.
- Good at cutting through noise – you simplify relentlessly and deliver results.
- Structured and give close attention to details.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris1741