Calling all research and consumer insight experts with a Degree/Diploma in Commerce, Science or Business Science and 5 years’ experience in an analytical role specializing in strategic insights.
Want to work for SA’s leading retailer – a well-known household name in SA?
The role is based in Cape Town.
- To design, manage and maintain key research systems and tools to ensure in-depth insights are derived through analytics and delivered to key stakeholders within the business. With key focus on all strategic tracking studies (VOC/TNPS, NPS, Market Incidence trackers), ad hoc in-house research projects and an internally managed customer panel.
- This role interfaces with the customer team and various other business units in the company and needs to ensure business questions are translated into purposeful insights to inform and deliver on the customer strategy.
- Degree/Diploma in Commerce, Science or Business Science or any related field of study (e.g. Econometrics /Statistics) ESSENTIAL.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an analytical role specializing in strategic insights (research and analytics), data manipulation, interpretation, and report writing.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working with research agencies, implementing research tracking studies & research/insights systems and processes.
- Expertise in data analysis and insights formulation utilising various sources of information.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in customer data management, data analytics in an insights and customer research environment, preferably in the retail sector.
- Experience in designing, re-designing, implementing and managing research systems, studies and panels.
- Technical aptitude in research tools and methodologies – qualitative and quantitative.
- Analytical aptitude in cloud based analytical environments and associated services/tools.
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to explain complex topics & concepts to all stakeholders. Ability to translate large volumes of data into simple insights.
- Deliver core analytics and insights from the company’s VOC/Touch point NPS system. Ensuring representative sampling methodologies are implemented, responses are received through easy and simple customer processes and optimal survey design principals, reporting capabilities meet all business needs and in-depth integrated insights are delivered through proper analytics and reporting for business action-ability purposes.
- Define and ensure sampling integrity and representivity, optimal survey design and setup, processing and analyses of data of all research studies, to deliver integrated insights for higher level strategic input. This also includes building and managing/maintaining a research panel within the company to drive cost effective insights generation.
- Responsible for all analytics from main research tracking studies, market penetration studies as well as internal transactional data for business reporting or ad hoc business requirements. Set up and continuously enhance reporting capability.
- Gather and integrate customer insights requirements across all channels i.e. retail, call centre, online, self-service and all other supporting business areas i.e. the customer team. Manage stakeholder expectations of the research and translate business objectives into clear research methodology and processes that deliver actionable outputs to stakeholders.
- Work closely with the customer Insights and advanced analytics team and the broader customer teams to ensure integration of insights and in-depth data analysis deliver on core business needs. This includes presenting output of key deliverables to senior stakeholders with the aim of translating insights into valuable business propositions.
- Support the Voice of the Customer and Research Manager as well as the broader team to effectively manage demand, optimise processes and execute on a Research Centre of Excellence framework for the company.
- Continuously seek ways to improve and expand on existing capabilities to ensure cost effective solutions drive strategic decision making.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.