Do you love creating engaging experiences through your writing? Can you hook an audience and reel them in?
A leading online training company for the hospitality industry is looking for a writer who is a master of storytelling. You’ll be able to balance technical with creative writing and disseminate knowledge by interpreting, simplifying and shaping information into compelling narratives – creating outstanding copy for a range of clients, in a range of formats.
The role is based in Cape Town and reports to the Creative Director/ Associate Creative Director.
- Relevant Degree
- Experience in the role of a Journalist, Copywriter or similar
- A portfolio of notable published work, available for viewing
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- A hunger to push boundaries and produce pioneering content
- A proficient Mac user
- Adept at working in an agile environment using new technology and platforms
- Organised, analytical and dynamic
- A love of hospitality and foodie culture
- A proactive, problem-solving, positive attitude
- Interpret project briefs to develop a strategic writing approach
- Grasp audience profiles quickly and develop a concept, tone and style that is in line with a target audience
- Collaborate with Instructional Designers to ensure content briefed into Writing becomes powerful teaching
- Bring a toolbox of literary devices such as analogy, irony, characterisation and symbolism, and an ability to move swiftly between genres, to brainstorming and writing sessions
- Distil, and structure stories around, major learning insights to facilitate efficient and effective teaching (if you can’t stand a buried lede, we want you)
- Collaborate with Videographers, Designers, Animators and Video Editors to produce innovative content in line with a project’s creative strategy
- Edit and proofread scripts and other creative content
- Assume a content-expert role in production when necessary
- Brief, direct and review voiceover recording to give clarity, character and consistency to script delivery
- Review video and other content edits to portray the story you want while ensuring accuracy and continuity
- Work to deadlines and budget requirements
- Conduct the course sign-off process for Writers
- Provide training and mentoring across the writing team
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.