Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a mid-weight Brand Manager to work at a leading household consumer brands business based in Cape Town. In this role you will be tasked with creating, establishing and driving long-term value via successful management of the brands, products and customers. This will be done via both the current channel and through a future digital channel. It is important to note that the Brand Manager will be responsible for collecting, cleaning and understanding current customer data in preparation for future CRM and other eMarketing campaigns. An analytical mind is required for the Data Handling and Analysis (number crunching) aspect of this position. We’re looking for someone with CRM knowledge & experience. You should also have excellent eMarketing knowledge including eCommerce. If you’d like to work on a portfolio of exciting, leading brands, we’d love to hear from you!
- Portfolio Management including New Product Development for the purpose of profitable growth whilst meeting and exceeding customer needs
- Market tracking, searching and exploring (local and international) for new offerings ensuring the company is competing successfully in the right categories with the right products for current and new customers
- Investigates existing marketing and business practices and recommends opportunities for improvement in efficiency and profit within the company
- Works closely with the National Sales Manager to identify new opportunities, pricing strategies, marketing campaigns, promotions and added value offerings to drive sales and customer loyalty
- Developing and managing an improved online platform and presence, for the purpose of enhancing customer experience & efficiency
- Drives a broader digital channel strategy, with support from the company and external consultants, for the purpose of delivering better customer service & experience and improving internal efficiencies
- Collecting, cleaning and understanding current customer data in preparation for future CRM and other eMarketing campaigns
- Experience in both B2B and B2C Marketing.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Business Degree Qualification in Commerce, Entrepreneurship or Marketing
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a high performance environment
- FMCG experience
- Business & Brand economics (P&L and other measures)
- Data Handling and Analysis (number crunching)
- CRM knowledge & experience
- eMarketing knowledge including eCommerce
- Marketing Mix Management
- Project Management
- General business administration and organisational skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Graphic design (Photoshop or equivalent) – advantageous
- Drives for alignment – communicates effectively, influences others, develops relationships, collaborates with others to ensure success
- Analytical thinker – able to process information effectively and ‘join-the-dots’
- Drives for results – understands what needs to be done, plans, proactively solves problems, identifies and shares opportunities and issues
- Energetic – engaged and enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Excellent command of English language, professional manner & work ethic.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2813