Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We’re on the hunt for a junior to mid-weight, high potential Brand Manager to lead global food brands in the retail channel for a leading FMCG concern based in Cape Town. The main responsibility of this role is to guide and manage the organisations brands in South Africa to achieve the agreed key business deliverables (top line and bottom line), working within the context of the local and global strategy. The role interacts daily with the regional team in Dubai and sometimes with the global team as well, so it requires keen relationship skills. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate marketer – not to be missed!
- Monitor and review contractually agreed parameters/framework between organisations to ensure a mutual beneficial business relationship (agreed contract/Value chains, other documented agreements)
- Provide effective management of business activities that have to do with its strategic and financial growth within the brand (Revenue, margins, market share, effective spend/cash management)
- Co-create new strategies and ensure execution of these within time and budget, focused on execution of the relevant profitable growth levers for the brands/must win product portfolio
- Build an effective relationship with the team as well as the internal brand team in order to become the central point of contact for both organisations
- Analyse and explore market trends and data identifying new opportunities or competitive risk in category and channels
- Coordinate with all NPD teams in order to develop plans for launching of new products, and then its implementation
- Communicate and bring to life the global brand’s essence within the broader business
- Coordinate with other heads of departments, integrating objectives and ideas for organisational growth
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks and monthly reporting to ensure proactive visibility of business performance.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- University Degree including Marketing Management or Post Grad Diploma in Marketing or related.
- 5 years’ experience in a high performance FMCG environment
- Business & Brand economics experience (P&L and other measures)
- Data Handling and Analysis (number crunching) skills
- Brand Development experience
- Marketing Mix Management experience
- Market Research methodologies and reports experience
- Project Management experience
- Partner Management experience
- Digital advertising & social media experience
- General business administration and organisational skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Drives for alignment – communicates effectively, influences others, develops relationships, collaborates with others to ensure success
- Analytical thinker – able to process information effectively and ‘join-the-dots’
- Drives for results – understands what needs to be done, plans, proactively solves problems, identifies and shares opportunities and issues
- Energetic – engaged and enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Excellent command of English language, professional manner & work ethic.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2844