Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We’re raising a glass to this outstanding exciting opportunity at an historic estate in the Winelands for an experienced, mid – senior Retail Brand Manager who has eCommerce capabilities. In this terrific role as Brand Manager, you’ll be responsible for the marketing of the retail aspect of the business, while keeping the broader brand in mind. As such, we’re looking for an individual with Retail experience leading areas of growth to bring their incredible products to market. The role requires an on-site presence, so although there is some flexibility, the candidate will be willing to be on site most days.
If you can bring the brand to life in terms of the internal culture, clients, and their loyalty; ensuring market competitiveness, we want to hear from you.
- Ownership of Marketing and Brand Strategy for the farm, with a focus on Retail
- Driving overall brand and business goals, with a focus on Retail
- Compiling and executing Retail marketing campaigns from concept / idea to execution, on time and within budget
- Working with the Retail team and across all divisions to ensure integration of marketing ideas across the business
- Devising and presenting compelling, innovative, fresh, dynamic concepts to build the brand and drive customer engagement
- Monitoring new trends, strategies and digital tools
- Monitoring competitors, local and global: proactively conducting ongoing analysis to adapt and adjust strategy and remain responsive to market and customer needs and changes
- Attending networking events and product launches to represent the business.
- Conducting relevant research and analysing data to identify and define target customer / audiences
- Building strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors, as well as with internal teams
- Building and managing marketing budget for Retail.
- Retail Communication –
- Building annual marketing calendars, including: Mailers, Digital communications across platforms, In store activations, In store signage, New product launches, Behind the scenes – meet our makers/see the source.
- Public Relations
- Digital Strategy and Communications – Social media, eCommerce, Mailers, Omnichannel
- Brief designers and agencies regarding Retail online needs across ecommerce and website to ensure all information is current.
- Liaise with the digital agency and marketing team on digital marketing performance and initiatives
- Develop strategies and tactics to drive traffic and build the brand
- Measure and report on performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Work with retail team to establish packaging look and feel & ensure consistency of application across all packaging formats for products and outer packaging.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant Degree/Diploma
- At least 5 years in a senior Marketing role
- Prior retail experience working within eCommerce platforms
- Relevant technical expertise in one or more Marketing fields
- Diverse Local and Global exposure and experience (preferred)
- A proven track record in the following areas: Brand Management, Retail, eCommerce / Omnichannel, Social Media, Website design and management, Brand and Marketing / Activation Projects, Budgeting and financial modelling, Systems / Analytics, and CRM (preferred)
- Organisational and planning skills
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical skills (incl. firm grasp of BI / data driven insights and trends)
- Project Management skills
- Innovation / Creativity
- Presentation skills
- People management and interpersonal skills
- Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Ability to drive projects and achieve outcomes
- Collaboration skills
- Networking skills
- Able to work on-site in Stellenbosch.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2933