Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
An incredibly exciting, fully on-site opportunity has arisen for an efficient, professional, and experienced human resources executive to fill the role of Chief People Officer at an iconic wine estate in Stellenbosch. This estate is diverse and complex, combining various elements of hospitality, farming, property, and retail. As Chief People Officer, you will partner closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the senior management team. The Chief People Officer will be a critical player in driving the culture and values of the business whilst establishing an environment which empowers the organisation’s people and creates opportunities for growth and development along with community and stakeholder engagement to ensure the interests of their neighbours are considered. As human resources executive, you will serve as a key member of the senior management team and will contribute broadly to developing the organisation’s strategy as well as providing input and counsel in all areas of the business. The successful candidate will have responsibilities covering all aspects for the organisation’s people who are at the centre of their business. This will include both building needed capabilities and processes in anticipation of growth as well as active strategic oversight of all aspects of their people and communities.
If you are an HR executive with a passion for people and communities, and are keen to live and work in Stellenbosch, do not delay, get in touch today!
- Develop and implement People Strategy and Operating Plan for the Company with measurable objectives and in line with the company strategy in respect of the following focus areas: Talent Management; Employee / Industrial Relations; Organisational Design / Rewards and Benefits; Recruitment; Employment Equity / Diversity / Transformation; Induction / Learning and Development / Leadership Development; Performance Management; Succession Planning; Employee Retention, and Health and Safety
- Identify and implement organisational development and change management initiatives e.g., Employee Experience and a retention strategy which supports and re-affirms the company’s culture and ensures values are clearly articulated and demonstrated by all
- Oversight of the employee and industrial relations
- Internal communications
- Clear understanding of our community demographics, mapping, and engagement to identify worthwhile projects from a CSI perspective
- Ability to gather/research and analyse market intelligence in the remuneration sphere
- Engagement with the REMCO and COMMCO to achieve strategic goals
- Engagement and development of the Joint Dialogue and Workers Forums
- Completeness of policies, processes, and standards to govern the activities of the People division
- Accuracy, completeness, secure and accurate storage of all employee files
- Accurate and timeous reporting/data/metrics to enable a dynamic business
- Timeliness and completeness of submission of, and adherence to the annual Revenue budget with segmentation
- Establish metrics to measure ROP (Return on People)
- Establish effective digital platforms and self-service platforms for time and attendance, payroll and record keeping or human resources.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 10+ years’ experience in a Human Resources leadership role
- Ideally as a CPO of a stand-alone/independent company or division within services, retail, farming or hospitality-oriented industry, a combination would be a distinct advantage
- A good balance of strategic and operational experience with a strong focus on community engagement, previous experience in sustainability would be an advantage
- A proven track record as a hands-on human resources executive, with deep familiarity with all aspects of people management for a high growth complex business.
- Process excellence and service delivery
- Sustainable quality and attention to detail
- Innovation for results
- Initiative and change agent
- Teamwork, cross organisational collaboration and building high performance teams
- Managing uncertainty (ambiguity) and adaptability
- Stakeholder engagement and alignment
- Sees gaps in the leadership, sales and negotiating capacity of team Members and coaches for improvement
- Able to live in Stellenbosch.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1514