We have a terrific Cape Town job opportunity for a creative Content Director to lead the content team at a niche digital media agency visually servicing the health & safety education sector. The company’s team of executives lead an end-to-end studio of technical writers, illustrators, designers, animators, and translators who collaboratively transform clients’ detailed technical documents into a range of rich and powerful visual communication formats. We are looking for a senior content specialist to take responsibility for managing the studio. The successful candidate will be supported by 3 department heads within the studio (content, illustration & design). Your primary role is to ensure that all creative deliverables (scripts, edits, layouts etc..) are of the highest possible quality and are as simplified as possible. The agency services some of the world’s largest multinationals in the construction, mining, petrochemicals, fabrication and utilities sectors. In this role you will work on predominantly European clients. Fabulous opportunity, not to be missed!
- Directing of content/creative to deliver on what client wants/needs
- Review key briefs and provide guidance to the creative teams on how to approach jobs
- Critically review all creative (scripts, edits, layouts etc..) to ensure the work is of the highest possible quality (including technical accuracy) and as simplified as possible (ideally do not rely on any written words)
- Development of new creative products and services
- Supporting the CEO and CSD (Client Service Director) in developing proposals and presentations in response to new client requests and RFQ’s.
- Improve internal quality review processes
- Mentor creative team.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 3+ years in a relevant senior role: Creative Director/Content Officer/Editor experience
- Experience in direct management of creative teams (writers, designers, illustrators)
- Ability to digest complex content into simplified logical structures and to think visually
- Experience with illustration and infographics
- Not being afraid of getting close to highly technical content
- Good people skills
- Experience/knowledge of digital systems and platforms
- Excellent communication skills (including writing)
- Being able to work under pressure
- Ability to take initiative
- Forward thinker, ability to see potential for more work and more opportunities.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam544