Work in the ‘gateway to Africa!’ We have a very exciting opportunity for a Creative Director to work at a fantastic full-service advertising agency, part of a renowned global Group, in Ghana. We’re looking for an innovative and inspiring Creative Director who has extensive traditional ATL as well as Digital experience. As Creative Director you’ll be responsible for a Creative team ensuring that the Agency develops the creative product for clients. With a fabulous client portfolio ranging from mobile and alcohol to FMCG and more, you’ll get to flex your conceptual muscle while guiding your team to creative greatness. We are ideally looking for a Copy-based CD (but there is some flexibility for the right candidate).
In this role you will be called upon to develop every aspect of an advertising campaign based on the client’s marketing plan and conceptualise those ideas for clients.
You will manage a team of 16 creative staff and will be responsible for mentoring and motivating the studio. Start packing, a new adventure awaits!
Talent Management & Internal Relationships
- Provides a clear direction for the team in support of business objectives.
- Gives effective feedback and coaches’ individuals to develop their own knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
- Energises and motivates individuals and teams to achieve their own and company objectives.
- Creates an organisational climate in which people can thrive.
- Nurture and build team spirit which has always been the pride of the agency.
- Conducts regular performance and development reviews.
- Resources the business with the best available talent to build a leading company, in co-ordination with Creative Leads and HR department.
- Liaise with Regional CD/Executive CD on a weekly basis on matters that involve team management.
- Attend business weekly meeting to report on creative matters.
- Monitor’s quality of creative work through to creative product.
- Ensures that the agency through the Creative team generate effective award-winning ideas that are beautifully expressed.
- Runs team at macro level.
- Oversees resolution of project conflicts.
- Understands the client’s financial budgets and ensures work is completed within these budgets.
- Develops an expert understanding of the Agency’s financial systems.
- Ensures work is produced on time and within budget.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives.
- Knows of, and understands, relevant contractual agreements and their impact on agency procedures.
- Manages budget development and monitors financial performance.
- Contributes to development of company revenue projections.
- Shares responsibility for building and managing accounts for growth/profitability.
- Helps to prepare, and attends, regular account “check-ups” with clients; presents accomplishments and plans for next period.
- Ensures that staff complete and submit their time sheets on time.
- Understand the strategic thinking that has gone into a brief, debate and contribute to it.
- Recognises where strategic issues are hindering creative progress.
- Intelligently and confidently discuss as to why creative work is on strategy and debate this with team.
- Sell and oversee presentation of creative concepts and executions to clients.
- Discuss creative matters with internal/external senior clients.
- Build strong and cordial relationship with clients esp. Client Service managers and directors.
- Manage conflict situations between Creative department and clients and rest of agency on day-to-day level.
- Give constructive feedback to individuals on their Creative work.
360 Degree Brand stewardship
- Understands and appreciates the nature and value of brands.
- Approaches all activity on 360-degree brand stewardship.
- Acts in the best interest of the brand always
- Has an instinct in recognising big brand ideas and can help teams route map.
- Able to see beyond superficiality to make an informed judgement” on creative work.
- Extensive knowledge of different creative formats (360Degree)
- Extensive knowledge of production requirements for art direction
- Can visualise the strategic concept and ideas to solve communications issues involving the brand.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with certificates for work permit purposes.
- 10 years’ advertising agency experience minimum.
- Solid Traditional ATL as well as Digital experience.
- Leadership skills – Able to manage a team of creatives.
- Excellent writing abilities.
- Experience with clients.
- Experience working with large multinational brands as well as working in different African markets.
- Organised, disciplined.
- Able to motivate a team.
- TTL portfolio.
- Team player.
- Enthusiastic and passionate.
- Able to relocate and work fully on-site.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam676