A global, multi-cultural company that’s all about sports entertainment has an exciting opening for an art-based Creative Director at their Johannesburg office. As Creative Director you will lead a team of thinkers and doers, bringing a mix of marketing and business understanding to the position, promoting brands and that of valued clients. We’re looking for an experienced manager of people, someone that can inspire others, taking creative to a new level as the company continues to grow. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences. The company delivers product digitally (online and mobile) and markets through-the-line (TV, print, outdoors, etc). Up until now, their work has largely been digital, but they are moving more and more into ATL and are looking for someone to drive this process and train and mentor a team of about 15 people. You will do work for the South African market as well as the continent. We are looking for sports enthusiasts who are also especially fanatical about soccer – if that’s you, we’d love to meet you.
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team in the production of all above the line, below the line, web, print, and digital marketing collateral
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales departments including analysing results, and identifying opportunities
- Develop internal marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies
- Analyse brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape
- Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, photographers/animators, and project managers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables
- Prioritise work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3 Year Degree/Diploma in Creative Direction/Design/Art Direction
- Prior project management experience, with a focus on creative direction
- 5+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- TVC experience (and comfortable on shoot)
- Years of experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and budget
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Ability to manage simultaneously occurring tasks in an intense, fast-paced and deadline- driven business environment
- Technology driven
- Good Interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Passion for sport, particularly soccer
- Able to work independently as well as work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam472