Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fabulous job opportunity for a fashion-loving Creative Group Head with a focus on Graphic Design and Art Direction at a leading retail-focused, integrated agency in Cape Town. The Creative Group Head is responsible for creative leadership of the team. We’re looking for someone senior whose creative vision and influence will be felt across the team. This exciting position will see you working on a fashion retail client. The role requires someone who is solutions-driven and conceptual, someone who is able to conceptualise campaign strategies and translate them into high quality Above-the-Line as well as Digital campaigns from concept to completion in accordance with brand guidelines. If you can do this with a great, can-do attitude and innate ability to lead a vibrant creative team, we’d love to hear from you!
- Help foster an environment in which great, effective work is consistently produced
- Developing art direction and graphic design creative ideas that successfully translate the client’s brand and business requirements into an ATL and digital marketing environment, including selecting the right advertising channel across ATL, BTL, digital and integrated
- Develop a constructive working relationship with internal teams and assist in building creative rationales
- Share knowledge and build excitement of creative trends within the team
- Respond quickly to team needs, providing support and constructive feedback
- Work closely with the client service and traffic teams on daily aspects of projects
- Desire to bring newness and freshness to brands
- Hands-on guidance of the team (motivating, day-to-day coaching) toward development of effective, engaging creative solutions
- Being a working creative as well, to set standards and ensure we deliver the highest quality of work
- Be able to contribute strategically
- Invest time in staying abreast of innovation in communication and championing new ideas in the agency
- Develop a sense of “team” in the department – a drive to do better work but also have a sense of fun.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary Visual Communications qualification from a recognised institution
- At least 7+ years working as a Creative Art Director/Designer of which at least 2+ years have been in a senior/leadership capacity leading a team and preferably within an agency environment
- Experience working on fashion and retail clients
- Proficient in the latest software
- Knowledge of and experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of how to run a campaign and push process in order to meet the objectives of the brief
- Hard-working and proactive
- Team player
- Ability to work under extreme pressure
- Deadline driven
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to work across multiple briefs
- Flexible to work beyond normal office hours.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2112