Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a very exciting and challenging job opportunity for a mid – senior analytics expert. We’re looking for a strong, commercially minded Digital Marketing Analyst to join the team at a leading financial services company in Cape Town. If you are highly skilled in the Digital space with experience in analytics, analysing complex data sets and monitoring customer/client trends then keep reading as this role will be a dream come true for you!
The role will see you plan, implement and manage the gathering, preparation, analysis and reporting of data that informs data driven digital marketing decisions in line with objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring and analysing of digital marketing campaigns and practices in an effort to improve campaign performance and marketing ROI. You will work closely with Group Marketing, with input from CX, BI, web, creative and media resources, to recommend best practice and optimisations around audience selection and targeting, channel mix, customer journey tracking and testing.
Ultimately, you will help ensure the marketing budget is spent efficiently and audiences are targeted effectively through successful digital marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of business acumen and marketing and technical expertise.
This is a great company to work for in terms of nurturing your career and personal development growth.
Note: Google Academy qualifications are a prerequisite.
- Develop performance measurement and reporting framework for Digital Marketing campaigns and practices
- Ensure that the appropriate tagging conventions as well as custom views, dimensions and goal tracking are implemented to support the measurement framework, across platforms
- Extract and prepare data
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using analytical techniques
- Develop recommendations based on the data for changes to Marketing tactics and strategies to improve performance
- Produce insightful visualisations (reports and/or dashboards) that enable actionable recommendations and outputs
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the Analytics and Marketing landscape (incl. agencies) and deal with enquiries
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to identify opportunities for new client acquisition
- Collaborate with the BI and CX teams (e.g. customer stream or advanced analytics) to generate insight using advanced analytical techniques
- Identify commercial opportunities and recommend innovative solutions
- Build models and run simulations to inform and optimise Marketing spend for ongoing and upcoming campaigns
- Conduct competitive research and analyse benchmarking data
- Championing an environment of learning and growth in the field of Digital Analytics.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Data Analysis and/or related fields (Stats, Maths, Computer Science)
- Google Academy qualifications: Google AdWords Fundamentals Certified, Google Search Advertising Certified, Google Display Advertising Certified, Google Analytics Certified, Google Video Advertising Certified, Google Mobile Advertising Certified
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field of Digital Marketing Analytics
- Expert: Google Marketing Platform, Analytics 360, Tag manager 360, Campaign Manager, Display and video 360, Search ads 360, Optimise, Data Studio, Big Query
- Expert: Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of and experience with: reporting packages, databases, querying (e.g. Business Objects, Tableau, Datorama, SAP, SQL)
- Understanding of integrated messaging platforms (e.g. Marketo, Everlytic), Marketing automation system (D365) and Content Management Systems
- Strong analytical mind and an ability to extract, prepare, analyse and visualise data to drive business and Marketing decisions
- Advanced Data Analytics skills
- Blended skillset – Marketing / Data / Technology
- Interpersonal & relationship management skills
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively
- Good communication skills and the ability to simplify complex concepts for easy understanding
- Influencing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Attention to detail with solid organisational skills
- Database knowledge
- IT Data Analysis skills
- Data Security knowledge
- MIS Reporting knowledge
- Database administration and reporting skills
- Interpersonal savvy
- Optimises work processes.
Please note: Applications close on 12 May 2021
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2855