Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference.
We have a meaningful job opportunity for a mid-senior Digital Content Marketing Officer at an iconic NPO focussed on the wellbeing of children, based in Johannesburg. The organisation is on the hunt for an energetic and dynamic Digital Content Marketing Officer with experience in developing and executing Marketing campaigns to support the Communications and Marketing department. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with the day-to-day Digital Marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. You should be able to work within a team and also independently to complete projects. The role requires you to have some design capabilities on Canva or Adobe Suite. You will also need to be able to work on WordPress, run Social Media platforms and have experience with Google AdWords. We’re looking for a truly data driven individual, comfortable with reporting and proficient in Google Analytics. Being able to ‘tell a story’ and drive the process on Digital, is a vital requirement. If you are an innovative and solutions-oriented self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude, able to work without structure, we would love to chat.
Please note: This is a remote position so you must be comfortable and able to work remotely, but from Johannesburg.
- Working in partnership with the programme teams, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
- Conceptualise and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and donor lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels
- Manage content and updates for donors and internal touch points, establishing budget guidelines, participating in events, documenting business process, and providing additional fundraising support
- Gather donor and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase donor conversions, and generate more qualified donor leads
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimise accordingly
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with executive leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
- Coordinate meetings with various stakeholders and participate in these meetings when requested
- Provide support to Communications and Marketing Director
- Build brand awareness and positioning
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Lead the execution of marketing programs and campaigns from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Write and copy digital content such as web and social media content.
- Craft emotionally driven, audience-centric story telling based around industry trends
- Spearhead email and direct mail campaigns
- Maintain quarterly content calendar and work with social media team for activation
- Lead content brainstorms and ideation sessions
- Handling social media, public relation support and content marketing
- Evaluate competitors
- Analyse donor insights, stakeholder trends, market analysis and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Create, maintain and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Partner with email, performance marketing and web teams to design, evolve lead nurturing tactics.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Administration
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the development sector – advantageous
- Experience with Digital and Content Marketing
- Demonstrate experience with creating Marketing campaigns, Marketing Strategy and Marketing plan
- Understanding of Public Relations
- Advanced Communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Experience in developing and executing Marketing campaigns while managing and inspiring
- Be self-motivated, quick thinking, flexible and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities in an efficient manner and simultaneously
- Confident, reliable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where each day can bring a new set of priorities and demands
- Be professional, use initiative and good judgement
- Be able to work both independently and as part of team
- Have the ability to adapt to diverse and changing priorities, environments and personalities is critical to the success in this position
- Design capabilities (Canva or Adobe Suite)
- Experience with WordPress
- Proficient in Google AdWords
- Data driven.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam509