We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Digital Head of Creative/Creative Director to take the reins in the creative studio at a fabulous Digital Marketing agency based in Johannesburg. We’re looking for a dynamic individual with strong leadership skills to look after the entire creative team. The creative team is composed of sub-teams with their own team lead, namely: Animation, Copywriting, Design & Motion Graphics, and Video. While the role will predominantly see you mentoring, leading, and coaching the teams to achieve creative excellence, there will be opportunities for your talent and experience to be displayed.
Take the leap into a fabulous management role today!
- Model what the best of breed creative concept and creative output looks like
- Mentor, lead, and coach your creative team into creative excellence; the role would be less of actual doing and more of guiding. Although we would want your talent and experience to be displayed whenever necessary and required
- Work with the head of operations to refine processes and systems for optimum delivery and quality control
- Be responsible for hiring, & performance managing of creative team members
- Participate in new business pitches that involve creativity
- Work with other heads of departments to optimise relationships between departments
- Sit on the head of department forum with Management and add weight to the overall business strategy and direction.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum 3-year recognised tertiary qualification in graphic design, visual communications or equivalent
- 6 to 8 years’ experience with at least five years’ experience as a Digital Designer/Art Director at a reputable advertising agency or internal creative studio
- Conceptual thinker with solid design skills
- Management skills leading and developing other creatives
- Proficiency with design software Adobe: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD etc.
- A powerful grasp of how content can play out across multiple mediums, and you know your way around developing slick PowerPoint presentations with the ability to bring the story to life
- Able to direct photoshoots, illustrators, and animators
- Very strong leadership (and management) skills
- Ability to direct and nurture creative resources, and build a culture that enables inclusivity
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a close-knit team
- Able to take ownership and responsibility
- Demonstrates effective self-management and good judgement, high EQ, confident, and communicates effectively with strong presentation skills
- Keep up with the latest industry and marketing trends and innovation, and the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, and resources.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2224