Goooaal!! We have a smoking hot job opportunity for a football loving, sport mad, mid-weight Digital Media Analyst for a fully remote 6-month, renewable contract. We are looking for an exceptional Digital Media Analyst to join the fast-growing marketing team supporting a renowned broadcaster and large digital sports entertainment platform in Africa. This role will be part of a go-to-market team acting as a start-up with big business backing and is well suited to individuals who are not afraid to get their hands dirty and are able to think and communicate strategically. As this is the first hire for this function, and you will get the chance to completely shape the output of this role. Exciting enough for you? In this fabulous role you will be producing reports, dashboards and delivering actionable insights to your team and the business to drive growth and scale for this new proposition. Working with key stakeholders, you will be monitoring and reporting on data sets across Social Media, (Digital) TV, Web and App to surface the impact, influence and performance of channel/campaign specific activity on awareness, engagement and acquisition. The successful candidate will join a fully remote team working out of South Africa and the UK. If you love sport, particularly premier league soccer and have a passion for stats, we want to hear from you.
How soon can you start?
- Build bi-weekly and monthly reports and dashboards across all (digital) media activity
- Analyse and interpret data to provide meaningful and insightful recommendations which feed into the overall go-to-market strategy
- Gather data from different sources and stakeholders and data visualize in reports and dashboards
- Be the data-evangelist of the go-to-market team and encourage data-driven decisions within the business
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Educated to a Degree level of Maths, Statistics, Data Science or have the relevant working experience in recent roles
- 3-4 years working experience in a data and web analytics environment (must have used Google Analytics and Tableau) – previous roles Web Analyst, Digital Analyst, Media Analyst
- Highly familiar with media platforms (Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Snapchat, Google Ads/DV360)
- Solid understanding of performance marketing and media terminology
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills, must be comfortable presenting data and insights to large groups of people at various levels (middle management to ExCo)
- Analytically minded with a passion for data driven analysis
- Great interpersonal skills
- Experience in using SQL – advantageous (not a requirement in the short term but may be relevant later)
- Sports/Gaming/Gambling background – a plus if not a passion and high interest/level of knowledge as a consumer for each of these areas
- Experience across a large set of geographies in Africa (most importantly Nigeria)
- Able to start ASAP
- Able to work fully remotely.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2875