Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
This is a fantastic job opportunity for a mid-senior External PR Consultant at a top company in the financial sector based in Cape Town. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the Head of Group PR in building a favourable public image for the company, as well as building strong relationships with its clients. This includes generating proactive, positive earned media coverage and opportunities by developing and executing effective communications and public relations programmes and stakeholder relations. Exceptional writing, editing and very strong project management skills are non-negotiable for this role. Public Relations is all about taking care of proactive reputation. The work of the Public Relations Officer (PRO) involves planning, organising and conducting activities that will have a positive impact on the company’s reputation, policies, products and services and gaining public attention.
- Managing all Group brand advertorials
- Building relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying unsolicited PR opportunities
- Coordinate Group publicity campaigns – working with Group Office and BU leads, through amongst others, strong media contacts and professional writing and providing support on PR strategies and tactical PR campaigns
- Media relations – build maintain and enhance
- Editing and writing selected communiques
- Writing – media releases, speeches, content generation (feature articles, thought leadership articles, etc.) briefing docs etc.
- Collaborating with the Group social media team to leverage PR opportunities
- Leveraging of all external PR activities to internal stakeholders
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a daily basis
- Maintaining professional client relationships
- Managing status reports, activity schedules and monthly PR reports
- Collaborating with personnel of Brand, Marketing and Communications across the business
- Devising and coordination photo opportunities
- Updating PR related news and messages on the company’s website
- Cluster support – guidance/direction; alignment of communication
- Generate media monitoring and analysis reports
- Evaluation and measurement of all PR efforts to ascertain value
- Assisting Head of PR with projects, campaigns and building a positive profile.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma: Bachelor of Arts (Communication Management) or
- Bachelor of Commerce (Communication Management) or Diploma in Marketing (PR) or Diploma in Public Relations
- 8 years’ related experience in journalism or public relations and/marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Services Industry, media owners etc.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- A strong presence of mind and analytical skill
- Stakeholder relationship building skills
- Pro-active approach to generating PR
- Outstanding time management
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focused
- Drives results
- Corporate Communications experience
- Public Relations experience
- Reporting and Administration
- Quality, compliance, and accreditation
- Interpersonal savvy
- Decision quality
- Able to plan and align
- Able to optimise work processes.
Please include your salary expectations along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam490