Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
An exciting job opportunity has opened up for a mid-weight Financial Accountant at a leading, dynamic advertising agency’s Johannesburg office. The ideal candidate is a reliable, accurate, problem solving BCom Accountant. Is it you? Get in touch.
- Prepare and reconcile all Intercompany Recoveries
- Approve Monthly Expenses in line with the approval matrix and budgets
- Preparation of Intercompany Recovery Schedules
- Approve Monthly VAT Input Schedules for Invoicing
- Review of Monthly Expenses Actual vs Budget schedules and manage variances
- Review Entertainment/Local Travel reconciliations when required by account management and manage variances
- Review Monthly Profit/Loss Statements
- Prepare all Tax Expense Schedules monthly (Legal Expenses/Donations)
- Approve Monthly Awards Recon
- Approve and review journal entries
- Assist in collating information required for audits
- Approve supplier payments
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts
- Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet
- Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Prepare SOX Monthly reports
- Prepare Monthly SOX files for approval
- Prepare Monthly VAT Reconciliation
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns
- Complete schedules required for IFRS year end reporting
- Prepare Operating Expenses Rolling Forecasts. (Q1 – Q4)
- Assist on New Business Tenders as and when required
- Assist in collating information for BEE compliance
- Assist the Finance Managers and Finance Director in any ad hoc requests.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum qualification: BCom Accounting
- 2 – 3 years Management Accounting experience
- Experience in a Marketing/Advertising agency preferable but open to other industries.
- Workbook and Navision experience is preferable (job production system experience required)
- SOX Experience preferable
- Advanced Excel skills – not negotiable
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Reliable and accurate
- Must be able to work under pressure without supervision
- Takes initiative and is resourceful in identifying solutions
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Must be able to work overtime.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1408