Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting job opportunity for a mid-weight Graphic Designer at a fabulous Cape Town Communications and PR agency’s studio that is part of a broader advertising network. We are looking for a talented and motivated Designer with a high level of expertise to deliver intelligent concepts to meet client design briefs. In this role you will be required to contribute creatively from the point of brief and initial concepting, through to final delivery of assets. The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography and branding standards is as essential as is the ability to work well cross-platform. In this regard, the successful candidate will also be well versed in digital and fully understand design for an online environment. This includes basic front-end and social media design and light animation skills. Are you the graphic design super star we’re looking for? Apply today!
- Design graphics across all marketing collateral, including but not limited to website, e-mail, social media, print, video etc.
- Create and edit video content for website and social media
- Edit graphics, photographs, and illustrations
- Revise layouts and corrections
- Quality control on all projects
- Keep abreast of advertising trends in accordance with industry best practice.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary Visual Communications qualification
- 4+ years’ experience as a Graphic Designer in an Agency environment – advantageous
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e., Outlook / Word / PowerPoint etc.)
- Well-versed in Digital
- Animation and video experience is essential
- Strong time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong multitasking skills (ability to work across multiple projects at any given time)
- Strong creative portfolio
- A high standard of finished execution, with exceptional attention to detail and craft
- Technical, conceptual, and meticulous approach to design thinking
- Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong communication/A good command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Problem-solving skills, with confidence to present and engage in client conversations and presentations
- A willingness to collaborate creatively and take creative direction
- Ability to thrive & remain calm in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines timeously and under pressure
- Strong creative, organisational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Reliable work ethic: motivated, self-disciplined, and consistent in seeing projects through
- Understand project requirements (including concepts and client’s needs) to produce effective designs for all media
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Above average attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Creative “out of the box” thinker
- Deadline driven
- Comfortable to work on alcohol brands when required.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2236